Impreza STi Prodrive Style tune

• Thread starter Vishal1991
  • 8 comments
Vishal1991
Hi is anyone able to help me with a tune for one with all the parts running both with and without the stage 5 turbo?

I have tried tunes for other Imprezas and they are worse than stock or can't be applied because the tuning parameters are not compatible with the vehicle.

I am trying to complete the game with as many used cars as available.

The only thing I haven't applied is increasing stiffness as Teakanji has said that it makes the car worse.

Last edited:
Here's some settings I threw together for it:

Shopping List​

oil change
rear wing
R muffler
brake balance controller
engine balancing
port polish
computer
custom transmission
triple clutch
R flywheel
custom LSD
driveshaft
original turbo (from tuner shop)
R intercooler
R suspension
soft sports tyres
VCD controller
weight reduction stage 1 + 2 + 3
rigidity refresh

Settings​

tyres: medium / soft [S2 / S3]

brake balance: 8 / 4

springs: 4.8 / 4.8
ride height: 115 / 100
bounds: 2 / 2
rebounds: 5 / 5
camber: 1.4 / 1.6
toe: 0 / 0
stabilisers: 2 / 2

gears: final to 5.500, then auto to 1, then final to 2.500, then set individual gears to 2.927, 2.350, 1.905, 1.555, 1.275, 1.090

LSD I: 5 / 10
LSD A: 5 / 15
LSD D: 5 / 55

downforce: 30 / 20

VCD: 10

ballast: 65kg at 50 balance

ASM [O + U]: 0
TCS: 0

Something worth noting is, equipping the custom LSD can greatly affect corner entry handling on a lot of cars, especially 4WD's. Personally I prefer a more stable, predictable arc as you lift off the throttle, but if you prefer an RR driving style where the car falls into the corner on entry then stabilises as you throttle out, try unequipping the LSD.

Let me know if you have any further issues with it and I can suggest some adjustments.

Last edited:
I also recommend trying out semi-racing or original (one from a tuner shop if it's available for install) suspension kit, these offer less options to tweak your car but also keep car's stock specifications closer to any changes you make. Rather then making one great setup for one or two tracks, this part allows you to make only a good setup, but which will also likely work on multiple tracks.

Long time ago I did this to the '65 Giulia, I couldn't find a way on the FCS to eliminate nasty understeer I had on corner entries, but once I replaced the part with the semi-racing kit, and did only minor tweaks, the problem was solved. The car was hard-tuned everything else-wise.

Shopping List​

oil change
rear wing
R muffler
brake balance controller
engine balancing
port polish
computer
custom transmission
triple clutch
R flywheel
custom LSD
driveshaft
R intercooler
R suspension
soft sports tyres
VCD controller
rigidity refresh

Settings​

gears: final to 5.500, then auto to 1, then final to 2.500, then set individual gears to 2.927, 2.350, 1.905, 1.555, 1.275, 1.090

Something worth noting is, equipping the custom LSD can greatly affect corner entry handling on a lot of cars, especially 4WD's. Personally I prefer a more stable, predictable arc as you lift off the throttle, but if you prefer an RR driving style where the car falls into the corner on entry then stabilises as you throttle out, try unequipping the LSD.

Let me know if you have any further issues with it and I can suggest some adjustments.
Wow thank you, definitely didn't expect a response from yourself.

I also recommend trying out semi-racing or original (one from a tuner shop if it's available for install) suspension kit, these offer less options to tweak your car but also keep car's stock specifications closer to any changes you make. Rather then making one great setup for one or two tracks, this part allows you to make only a good setup, but which will also likely work on multiple tracks.

Long time ago I did this to the '65 Giulia, I couldn't find a way on the FCS to eliminate nasty understeer I had on corner entries, but once I replaced the part with the semi-racing kit, and did only minor tweaks, the problem was solved. The car was hard-tuned everything else-wise.
Thanks for the advice, ill keep that in mind if i can't get a tune to try for a car in the future

Shopping List​

oil change
rear wing
R muffler
brake balance controller
engine balancing
port polish
computer
custom transmission
triple clutch
R flywheel
custom LSD
driveshaft
R intercooler
R suspension
soft sports tyres
VCD controller
rigidity refresh

Settings​

Do you have a gearing setup for without the turbo upgrade at around 370hp, or do i use the same one? Even with the turbo I don't get out of 4th on most tracks. It feels like the gearing may be slightly long.

There is understeer early to mid corner which is hurting me in the tuning car grand prix. I am using the stock sport medium tyes. I am being outcornered by everyone especially the HPA R32 and the RUF BTR on apricot raceway reverse.

There is a rear instability under braking on slanted corners which wasn't noticeable during boxer spirit but is causing a lot of problems for me in the Tuning car gp combined with the corner entry understeer. Around 40-70mph in 1st gear when the turbo kicks in the rear can break traction as well.

The whole setup overall is great. Thank you. If you have a patreon or something I would sub.

Just whacked on some sport softs and the rear instability is almost completely manageable, the understeer is still there and the fronts are yellow by the third lap on el capitan reverse. There is no longer a break in traction between 40-70mph. With full power nos i can beat the ruf ctr2 and rgt but its very difficult due to the understeer

Last edited:
Do you have a gearing setup for without the turbo upgrade at around 370hp, or do i use the same one? Even with the turbo I don't get out of 4th on most tracks. It feels like the gearing may be slightly long.

There is understeer early to mid corner which is hurting me in the tuning car grand prix. I am using the stock sport medium tyes. I am being outcornered by everyone especially the HPA R32 and the RUF BTR on apricot raceway reverse.

There is a rear instability under braking on slanted corners which wasn't noticeable during boxer spirit but is causing a lot of problems for me in the Tuning car gp combined with the corner entry understeer. Around 40-70mph in 1st gear when the turbo kicks in the rear can break traction as well.

The whole setup overall is great. Thank you. If you have a patreon or something I would sub.

Just whacked on some sport softs and the rear instability is almost completely manageable, the understeer is still there and the fronts are yellow by the third lap on el capitan reverse. There is no longer a break in traction between 40-70mph. With full power nos i can beat the ruf ctr2 and rgt but its very difficult due to the understeer
Yeah, for 370hp you can definitely shorten final a bit to get a faster launch off the line and out of corners. Maybe around 3.000 or so? The Impreza's generally have hefty torque curves though, so it's a matter of checking that you aren't wheelspinning constantly while exiting corners (a little bit while launching is okay).

The AI in Tuning Car Grand Prix are running racing mediums, so that's why you're losing time in corners. Most 4WD's (especially used ones with poor grip modifiers, looking at you GT-R R32) are unfortunately fated to chronic understeer with sports tyres, as softs on front simply wear too quickly. If you're committing to the Impreza for that event, you can put racing hards on front and mediums on rear and you should be fine for both durability and grip. The extra front grip may cause braking instability though, that you can try to fix by adding an extra 0.2 - 0.4 of camber each side, stiffening the springs slightly, or reducing the rear ballast. Main thing is just being aware of elevation changes and trying to brake while turning as little as possible.

Glad the setup worked overall though. I don't have a Patreon or anything like that, I just do this for fun in my spare time, so don't feel obligated to give anything in return.

Thank you. now knowing they on racing tyres explains a lot. Im going to persist on sports softs and using the nitrous along with some questionable driving standards aha. I will try the tweaks that you have suggested.

I forgot to add the ballast sorry i didnt even realise. Hopefully this fixes it.

Last edited:
Yeah, for 370hp you can definitely shorten final a bit to get a faster launch off the line and out of corners. Maybe around 3.000 or so? The Impreza's generally have hefty torque curves though, so it's a matter of checking that you aren't wheelspinning constantly while exiting corners (a little bit while launching is okay).

The AI in Tuning Car Grand Prix are running racing mediums, so that's why you're losing time in corners. Most 4WD's (especially used ones with poor grip modifiers, looking at you GT-R R32) are unfortunately fated to chronic understeer with sports tyres, as softs on front simply wear too quickly. If you're committing to the Impreza for that event, you can put racing hards on front and mediums on rear and you should be fine for both durability and grip. The extra front grip may cause braking instability though, that you can try to fix by adding an extra 0.2 - 0.4 of camber each side, stiffening the springs slightly, or reducing the rear ballast. Main thing is just being aware of elevation changes and trying to brake while turning as little as possible.

Glad the setup worked overall though. I don't have a Patreon or anything like that, I just do this for fun in my spare time, so don't feel obligated to give anything in return.
Thank you its a lot more stable with the ballast. and the shorter gearing is better even with the turbo, its not bogging down at very low speed and less time spent in 1st wheelspinning.

It's much better now, applying the ballast and the shorter gearing has made the car much faster. I only needed to qualify for tskuba and after 3 attempts learning to use the car I ended up 8 seconds ahead.

Back