Improving ACC graphics and replays

• Thread starter deCarrera
  • 10 comments
United States
United States
I enjoy this sim but am quite disapponted with some of the graphics in the game especially in race replays. For me the tarmac always looks too light or washed out in color and the cars always seem to floating above the tarmac rather having any weight on it.
Do others feel the same? Are there changes that can be made to improve the looks of the replays?
Does anyone have any experience with ReShade for ACC? Does it address the issues I've mentioned?

Increase the graphic settings to high on pretty much everything, and try using KTAA antialiasing.

Even then there'll be situations where the cars will lose contact shadows in replays, and there'll still be shadow pop in.

You can also try messing with the "Image Contrast", "Saturation", and "Exposure Gain" settings to see if they improve things for you.

As far as ReShade is concerned I've not tried it, but anything that puts extra pressure on an older graphics card like yours is not likely to play well with ACC. ACC is the Crysis of the sim racing world after all, and people with high end cards also have issues.

It's a great sim, but graphically it's really poorly optimised.

Thanks for your feedback. It seems my video card is just not strong enough for this game as you suggest. I'm using Nvidia's optimized settings for the game at 3840x2160 and it basically has everything set to low with ant-aliasing off and everything else either low or disabled.
Think I'll try lowering the resolution to a lower number, possibly even 1080 and see if I can bump some other settings up to improve what I'm seeing.
A stronger card will have to wait since all the 3080s are sold out and who knows when those inventory levels will be back to a reasonable level...

Received much better results simply by lowering my max resolution to 1440P and then bumped up all the other settings suggested including KTAA. Game looks much better now and I'm still easily achieving over 100 FPS even with my prior generation GTX 1070 Ti. Why Nvidia's GForce software thinks 4K with all other settings set to low is an "optimal" setting is beyond me.

I don't see "Image Contrast", "Saturation", and "Exposure Gain" setting within the game, is that something I will find in the video card settings?

Increase the graphic settings to high on pretty much everything, and try using KTAA antialiasing.

Even then there'll be situations where the cars will lose contact shadows in replays, and there'll still be shadow pop in.

You can also try messing with the "Image Contrast", "Saturation", and "Exposure Gain" settings to see if they improve things for you.

As far as ReShade is concerned I've not tried it, but anything that puts extra pressure on an older graphics card like yours is not likely to play well with ACC. ACC is the Crysis of the sim racing world after all, and people with high end cards also have issues.

It's a great sim, but graphically it's really poorly optimised.

I don't see "Image Contrast", "Saturation", and "Exposure Gain" setting within the game, is that something I will find in the video card settings?

Video settings in game, at the bottom.
I bump up contrast and lower gain looks much better.

Screenshot (14).png

Received much better results simply by lowering my max resolution to 1440P and then bumped up all the other settings suggested including KTAA. Game looks much better now and I'm still easily achieving over 100 FPS even with my prior generation GTX 1070 Ti. Why Nvidia's GForce software thinks 4K with all other settings set to low is an "optimal" setting is beyond me.
I had never been impressed with ACC when I tried it with a 1660 Super, but I managed to get hold of a 3080, and wow, what a difference. I can now run it at 1440p with all settings maxed out, and the frame rate fluctuates a fair bit, but seems to mainly be in the 80-120fps range. It looks absolutely terrific at 1440p with the settings maxed out. I haven't tried 4k, but I don't see the need for it given how good 1440p looks on a 27" screen. It's a bit ridiculous, though, that it needs a 3080 to look like that. With the 1660 Super, Forza Horizon 4 was a massively better looking game, but with the 3080, ACC overtakes it, i.e. the 3080 doesn't make that much difference to how FH4 looks, while absolutely transforming how ACC looks. I may well be CPU limited with my Ryzen 5 3600, I have a 5600X on order that is supposedly arriving mid to late December.

That is interesting for sure. I’m running 2060 Super/i5-8400 on a 27” 1440p.
After many hours in settings it doesn’t look terrible, but all the other sims still look better to me.
I really think UE4 just doesn’t agree with my eyes.

I'm getting 30FPS at 5120x1440 with a 2080ti. I need to mess with the graphics settings for sure.

In case you haven't already seen it, Dan Suzuki is getting 60fps in ACC with 1440p triples here with a 2080Ti. What CPU do you have?

Thanks. I'll give that a watch. I'm running a Ryzen 7 3700X. 8 cores, boosting to 4.2GHz, with 32GB @ 3600MHz RAM

Latest Posts

Back