Improving Car Control rating

• Thread starter SMITHY77
  • 9 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Okay I am using a G29 wheel and loving the game. Only just managed to start getting properly into it since launch day now dye to work committments

I have my settings in place for the wheel, and I am currently completing testing laps at Spa in the Ferrari 488.

Started of with lap times of 2:29 and over the last 2 days have got my lap time down to 2:24 by testing & adjusting the tyre pressures to get the optimum psi temperature along with learning the track etc

I will start playing with the other car settings one by one to hard tune it in over the next week. I have built a large info fact sheet on all the elements fir the car setup screens and what each component does (all sourced online free)

Took the plunge and did my first ever online race just to see how I performed against other racers. Finished 7th out of a field of 12 and had a cracking race with the car in front - especially the last lap...good clean racing as it should be and pure adrenalin and fun.

So what I want to focus on is improving at the minute is my car control, at the moment as my CC stats show I am guilty of overdriving the car.....but I am failing to hear the tyres screeching and it wasnt till i had to focus in when cornering that I could faintly make out what could be the tyres screeching.

Does your driving view affect how we hear the effects of the car ? Should i be learning to drive in the cockpit view to start recognising the movements and sounds of the car ?

I have been driving with the bumper view so far

Would the audio settings also improve being able to hear the feedback we need to when goinh round the teack i.e. engibe noise etc etc

There’s an option somewhere where you can force the stats in the top right corner to show how to manage car control. Turns red when you overdrive etc.

It’s a good way to learn tracks if you don’t know them but I’ve learnt to take as little notice of the CC stat as possible. It can be frustrating. Varies from car to car, track to track and car/track combinations. If you’re getting good lap times and are enjoying your driving, ignore it. It can ruin your enjoyment of the game.

I found if I use the pad for a couple of races my CC shoots up, even thought I'm not driving as well as with a wheel. I guess I drive more conservatively with a pad as the ratings plunge when I switch back to wheel.

There’s an option somewhere where you can force the stats in the top right corner to show how to manage car control. Turns red when you overdrive etc.

It’s a good way to learn tracks if you don’t know them but I’ve learnt to take as little notice of the CC stat as possible. It can be frustrating. Varies from car to car, track to track and car/track combinations. If you’re getting good lap times and are enjoying your driving, ignore it. It can ruin your enjoyment of the game.

Cheers I will see if I can find it maybe in the HUD options. Like you said though I may not taje too much notice but I want to focus on smoother driving. Want to eventually run some endurance races but at the minute I reckon I would burn through tyres like a hot knife through butter

What view are you racing in ? As i am thinking that changing to cockpit view may give me more feedback etc

Cheers I will see if I can find it maybe in the HUD options. Like you said though I may not taje too much notice but I want to focus on smoother driving. Want to eventually run some endurance races but at the minute I reckon I would burn through tyres like a hot knife through butter

What view are you racing in ? As i am thinking that changing to cockpit view may give me more feedback etc

Go to hud.json in C:\Users\(Your user)\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config\hud.json and check values of the following:

To see Trust and BWP (for online racing)

"ratingWidgetVisible": 1,
"ratingWidgetPracticeFocus": 5,
"ratingSensitiveWidgetVisibility": true,

To see CC and CN (Car Control and Car coNsistency) then change
"ratingWidgetPracticeFocus": 3,

About driving view, I always use the cockpit view.

^
Pretty sure he’s on console.

Yes I always use the cockpit cam (without wheel). Prefer the static camera.

Go to hud.json in C:\Users\(Your user)\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config\hud.json and check values of the following:

To see Trust and BWP (for online racing)

"ratingWidgetPracticeFocus": 5,

To see CC and CN (Car Control and Car coNsistency) then change
"ratingWidgetPracticeFocus": 3,

About driving view, I always use the cockpit view.

^
Pretty sure he’s on console.

Yes I always use the cockpit cam (without wheel). Prefer the static camera.

Thanks...yep sorry i am on console not PC.

I will start test lapping now in cockpit view as well

Thanks

I changed the audio to make tyres higher sound and reduce engine and chassis.
The game is very sensitive to you scrubbing the front tyres and taking too much speed through corner entry. By braking earlier and/or controlling the front end into the corner your CC will improve but also because you are more controlled and can get on throttle earlier your laptimes should also improve.
In HUD options change practise info to CC and you can see where you are over driving. For me it's the lower speed corners

I changed the audio to make tyres higher sound and reduce engine and chassis.
The game is very sensitive to you scrubbing the front tyres and taking too much speed through corner entry. By braking earlier and/or controlling the front end into the corner your CC will improve but also because you are more controlled and can get on throttle earlier your laptimes should also improve.
In HUD options change practise info to CC and you can see where you are over driving. For me it's the lower speed corners

Cheers...i will try and do this later today. Watched a vid by Aris Drives on youtube last night - walkaround spa and driving lines....shaved 1.5 seconds of my lap time.

So getting better....currently 2:24.435....but the lap record is 2:18 so i have some way to go still lol

Yeah the Aris.Drives vids are great!
I struggle with Spa on this game, I just need more laps without getting frustrated

Last edited:
Back