In car menu gone?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ghd765
  • 26 comments
  • 1,341 views
Messages
118
Messages
netcarshowman
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if the GT5 in car menu (don't know if that's it's actual name, but it's what I called it) from which you could adjust brake bias, TC and so on during a race has been removed for GT6?

It's a bit of a shame if it has been, because I loved this feature, it was so useful.
 
Realtime Adjustments were added back in yesterday with 1.02. You can map it to a DS3.
 
Realtime Adjustments were added back in yesterday with 1.02. You can map it to a DS3.
Although it has returned, I've found that the ABS and brake balance settings appear to be greyed out when using it. I've only tested one car with it (the Cadillac CTS-V), but they should be available anyway. :odd:
 
What did you test it with? Single User, Career Mode race?
 
You choose the wheel and it automatically maps.

The RA menu wasn't added by 1.02, it was already there... the problem is that in Time Trials and Online it's now greyed out.
 
Although it has returned, I've found that the ABS and brake balance settings appear to be greyed out when using it. I've only tested one car with it (the Cadillac CTS-V), but they should be available anyway. :odd:
I can't confirm, but maybe you need to add racing brakes first? In most cars, brake balance isn't so easy to adjust, maybe they are trying to simulate that? IDK, I have yet to make it back onto my G27.
Little Azn Dude, yes, it has been confirmed to work on the G27

@TenEightyOne, you sure about that? It was listed as part of the 1.02 update, and I csure couldn't find it to map it to a control or my wheel before that.
 
You choose the wheel and it automatically maps.

The RA menu wasn't added by 1.02, it was already there... the problem is that in Time Trials and Online it's now greyed out.

RA menu was definitely added in 1.02 or a minor patch. On release I tried mapping it but no option was there
 
I can't confirm, but maybe you need to add racing brakes first? In most cars, brake balance isn't so easy to adjust, maybe they are trying to simulate that?

Don't think that's the case, have adjusted the BB on stock brakes for at least a dozen cars now.
 
No, it was definitely there from the beginning, but I have no idea about the mapping selections for it. As I said, I choose my wheel from the steering controllers. That automatically mapped it. As soon as I went to track I was able to use it.
 
Don't think that's the case, have adjusted the BB on stock brakes for at least a dozen cars now.
I have too, in the tuning sheet, thats why I'm thinking it might only be in the RA menu if you do racing brakes. But I could be way off there too.
 
No, it was definitely there from the beginning, but I have no idea about the mapping selections for it. As I said, I choose my wheel from the steering controllers. That automatically mapped it. As soon as I went to track I was able to use it.
What does that mean, the bolded part? Also, something to consider, most of everything in the game, whether we can use it or not, is already in the game, it just hasn't been activated for whatever reason. Unless you were getting to pop up on track, I am sceptical that the RA functions existed. Being able to see them in the button map screen may have been accidental. I can tell you with %100 certainty it was not their originally for the G27.
 
When you go into Options to where your controllers are, in steering controllers are all the predefined wheels. They're all (or mostly) GT-affiliated wheels, I think. Select the one you're using along with simulation mode (amateur etc).
 
What does that mean, the bolded part?
When configuring your steering wheel, you have to choose what wheel you use from a list in the "Steering Controller" menu.

EDIT: tree'd.
 
I have too, in the tuning sheet, thats why I'm thinking it might only be in the RA menu if you do racing brakes. But I could be way off there too.

I see what you are saying now. Same here, only did it in the turning sheet.
H-gate club? I'll have to check that out...you guys must have fixed the clutch :sly:
Pardon my humor, I use the hell out of my TH8RS with no issues.
 
When you go into Options to where your controllers are, in steering controllers are all the predefined wheels. They're all (or mostly) GT-affiliated wheels, I think. Select the one you're using along with simulation mode (amateur etc).
I thought thats what you meant, what wheel do you use? DFGT I'm betting, I think I did hear someone say it was still associated with that wheel, but didnt work.
I see what you are saying now. Same here, only did it in the turning sheet.
H-gate club? I'll have to check that out...you guys must have fixed the clutch :sly:
Pardon my humor, I use the hell out of my TH8RS with no issues.
I am just making an assumption on the BB thing. I have no idea if that is why at all.
Yeah, a few of us in the SNAIL league have switched to using exclusively what the car came with, clutch/shifter, paddle shifter, etc. While I can agree that the clutch is still flawed, I also took the time to learn to drive with it this time around, it does feel improved, I don't miss shift as much. in GT5, it seemed almost random, but now I see that it is all about timing your shifts. To fast and you miss the gear.
 
You choose the wheel and it automatically maps.

The RA menu wasn't added by 1.02, it was already there... the problem is that in Time Trials and Online it's now greyed out.
Well, RA functions weren't there [for T500, G25/27 and DS3 users] with 1.01, so when did PD patch it? (Hint: Yesterday).

Having those options not available is not a problem or a glitch. They don't want us to have access to those during that particular event. Just like the NASCAR events in GT5, by default ASM was on and could not be changed unless you had RA mapped. And then PD patched that, making it non adjustable.

What you're failing to say is, what wheel do YOU have??? Simulation mode does not apply to modern wheels, as you can see in the GUI.
 
Last edited:
Well, RA functions weren't there [for T500, G25/27 and DS3 users] with 1.01, so when did PD patch it? (Hint: Yesterday).

Having those options not available is not a problem or a glitch. They don't want us to have access to those during that particular event. Just like the NASCAR events in GT5, by default ASM was on and could not be changed unless you had RA mapped. And then PD patched that, making it non adjustable.
I disagree on one account. It was there for DFGT users. I'm not sure if it was usable, but it was there for that wheel.
 
Well, RA functions weren't there [for T500, G25/27 and DS3 users] with 1.01, so when did PD patch it? (Hint: Yesterday).

Having those options not available is not a problem or a glitch. They don't want us to have access to those during that particular event. Just like the NASCAR events in GT5, by default ASM was on and could not be changed unless you had RA mapped. And then PD patched that, making it non adjustable.

I don't know about the other wheels, but in 1.01 my DFGT was one of the selectable types. I didn't manually map the RA as it was already mapped to the wheel.

The RA was usable in all events except those where PD had locked it (some seasonals, I think).

Since the 1.02 update the RA menu has bee greyed out in all Time Trial sessions and all online sessions. I hope that's clearer now :)
 
See that, I knew 1081 had a DFGT!
Damn, I don't like hearing that its greyed out online, as thats where I mainly test/tune/race. I imagine someone has tried it with racing brakes installed?
 
See that, I knew 1081 had a DFGT!
Damn, I don't like hearing that its greyed out online, as thats where I mainly test/tune/race. I imagine someone has tried it with racing brakes installed?

Yup, that was the first thing I tried. Basically you have to pit to alter the brake balance. That really spoils it in faster cars at tracks like Monza where you might dial the front up and down for different parts of the lap.
 
or even adjust for tire wear on longer races! Crap PD!!! So you have to be in the pits, bring up the RA menu and then adjust? Bah!
fist-shake.gif
damn you PD!
 
Well, I mean you have to return to the menu, un-enter the session, tune, re-enter. It's worse than you thought! :)
 
WTH! then what was the point? I imagine you tested on a few different cars too? street and race?
 
I thought thats what you meant, what wheel do you use? DFGT I'm betting, I think I did hear someone say it was still associated with that wheel, but didnt work.

Yeah, a few of us in the SNAIL league have switched to using exclusively what the car came with, clutch/shifter, paddle shifter, etc. While I can agree that the clutch is still flawed, I also took the time to learn to drive with it this time around, it does feel improved, I don't miss shift as much. in GT5, it seemed almost random, but now I see that it is all about timing your shifts. To fast and you miss the gear.

👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 A breath of fresh air! Have you seen the angst fest on this thread?
Myself and a few others did the Seasonal TTs with H, whenever the real car had one in GT5.
Same for GT6 now, with Fit, 15th Anniv. @ Brands TT.
I'll head on over to S.N.A.I.L., I'll tell mrbasher of BasherBoards, and Mahnegold about this.

Please excuse the OT excursion all. :D
 
That thread! I think all the trolls on GTP jumped on that one! and hang out in the drift section for that matter. With so much on their plate, I doubt the clutch is PD's main focus at the moment anyway. I certainly feel it is better this time around now though. I miss far, far less shifts now than in GT5. I quit using it actually. There wasn't a point back then. you could drop it from 4th to 3rd, and it would automatically rev match. Now you can so the same, dump to clutch and the tires break free. Very nice to have that happen now, especially with drifting. Still can't slide the clutch though. Its either engaged, or disengaged. Fix that, the gas issue and grind then go into gear instead of dropping to neutral, and man, the clutch would be AWESOME. But, hey, it works, and I can make sense of how it works.
So, back to the topic. It's only greyed out for online and time trials? So single player and arcade racing it can still be adjusted on the fly?
 
Back