In Flames' new album - UpdateMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Blackbird.
  • 14 comments
  • 866 views

Blackbird.

Premium
Messages
9,347
United States
Bay Area
Messages
BlackbirdGTP
Messages
Blackbird5150
In Flames official website
31.03.2005 - In Flames - New Album on the Way

"12 songs have been written so far and we’re all extremely excited. Hopefully both old and new members of the IF-family will be pleased. Daniel will begin tracking drums in about 2 weeks and at the end of May we will have a new album finished. We'll keep you updated about what's going on in the studio.

As you know by now we're on Ozzfest this summer and it looks like a great bill this year with lots of METAL bands. Great to see that our friends in Soilwork, Haunted and Arch Enemy will be there with us to spread the Swedish sound. Can't wait to see you all in the dust and the heating sun.

Cheers



Does anyone know about it? I know it's supposed to be coming out in May, anyone know anything about the tracks? Going to be my first album from them. :)

Album Name: Crawl Through Knives thanks to icemanshooter23
 
Idunno, but I'll be one of the first people to get it for sure. Until that date though, just chill and listen to some Pink Floyd 👍
 
This is a great surprise 👍. I'll be first in line :D.
 
It should definitely be worth getting because In Flames are just one of those bands who gets better and better with each note they play 👍
 
Morgana
It should definitely be worth getting because In Flames are just one of those bands who gets better and better with each note they play 👍
Eh, I don't know about that. Colony was their last truely great album, the others are just "good".
 
Shannon
Eh, I don't know about that. Colony was their last truely great album, the others are just "good".

Meh, personal taste I guess :) I have however not listened to their latest music as much as their first releases, so it has not grown on me as much, but I still think they're getting better, definitely technically wise.
 
Im not truelly fond of their older albums, but that might be because i noticed
them with Reroute to remain. Soundtrack of your escape is even better.

There are something very special about them that make their music so... special.
Are they the new influence for other bands now?

I remember back when Korn first surficed (i saw the video for Blind on MTV debut), they spawned tons of new bands.
Ah, the first 2 albums is so great. Hardly nothing comes close to those.
 
Meh, not really interested. Unless they head back to The Jester Race or Whoracle, I don't honestly care. Soundtrack To Your Escape was horrible.
 
Some new info:

5/11/2005 - In Flames - Crawl Through Knives
Anders here. I’m in Dug out studio recording my vocals for our new album. Want the title.....drumroll......”CRAWL THROUGH KNIVES”. Yes there it is my friends. Now you can speculate and decide if you will like the album or not....... irony is a wonderful thing.

Everything is going great 8 out of 13 songs done and some titles are: Crawl through knives, Dead end, Leeches, Surrender?, Reflect the storm, Take this life. I feel it’s a good mix of everything IN FLAMES stands for, but it’s me speaking....
 
They went nu-metal with Soundtrack to Your Escape. I think Clayman was the best album they made. Reroute to Remain was good, but it wasn't as great as it could've been. New In Flames makes me feel nauseous in the way that Metallica's Load albums make me feel.
 
Crawl Through Knives eh? Thanks Iceman I'll change the title. 👍
 
Whoracle was their best album. Anything after Colony was a big disappointment. I was at one stage in love with The Jester Race, but I've really grown off that album.

Hopefully they stick true to the quote: "Both old and new members of the IF-family will be pleased."
 
Jimmy Enslashay
Hopefully they stick true to the quote: "Both old and new members of the IF-family will be pleased."
They always say that, but it never turns out that way. 👎
 
New info:

6/23/2005 - IN FLAMES - "Come Clarity", and more...
Yes ladies and gentlemen the album´s done, when it comes to the music that is we still have to do the cover, booklet etc. Once again we like to say how pleased we are with the result and we can´t wait until you get your hands on the finished product.

This is the 8:th IF album and it´s awesome to feel, as excited as it was our first. The name of the album will NOT be "Crawl Through Knives", instead it will be "Come Clarity".

Anyway, here´s the final tracklisting:

01. Take This Life
02. Leeches
03. Reflect The Storm
04. Dead End
05. Scream
06. Come Clarity
07. Vacuum
08. Pacing Death´s Trail
09. Crawl Through Knives
10. End Of Things
11. Our Infinite Struggle
12. Vanishing Light
13. Your Bedtime Story Is Scaring Everyone
 
Back