In game chat

• Thread starter Bellyfluff
  • 13 comments
United Kingdom
Wales
Hi everyone
Not sure if this has been posted before.

We as Red Rum racing have more than 8 players a night but sadly due to party chat on the Ps4 we can only speak to 8 players at a time.
So I am wondering if in game lobby voice chat will be a thing soon whilst in online lobbies?
Regards

Chris / Bellyfluff

You can have everyone download "discord" an app on your phone that connects to your Wi-Fi and you can host your chats there... Mic connections would be the worst part since I use my turtle beach for the engine sounds I can't really hear the phone chat

I know it has been discussed by the group but why should we have to do that. It's a standard feature on 98% games produced.
It was hailed as the best GT with sound, graphics etc. But now I have to sacrifice sound to be able to chat to more than 8 in our crew/friends.
A sad day indeed

In game voice chat, I know there is a text option.
Surely in game voice chat was herald as the future not the past.
So frustrated at the fact if we want to chat to more than 8 players, we have use other sources such as discord or other various apps. Taking away from the experience of the game as we have to comprise

I dunno man. I had voice chat in lobby for forza 4, W-O-R-S-T idea ever. The amount of profanity, racism, reggae music, and rednecks with ghetto Ebonics accents was out of control.

I'm on about a crew lobby, not an open random. Just with friends of more of a fun evening of races with more than eight players

Wait, it doesn’t have in-game voice chat?

Odd, I’m sure GT5 and GT6 had it.
Yes they both did. Sport does not. It does however keep the lobbies free of profanity and other inappropriate comments. Driving Is For Everyone and 7 to 77 now works. I swear I read somewhere that PS4 system update 5 was supposed to increase the party chat to 16. But it did not.

You can have everyone download "discord" an app on your phone that connects to your Wi-Fi and you can host your chats there... Mic connections would be the worst part since I use my turtle beach for the engine sounds I can't really hear the phone chat

You can get a pair of ear buds with an in line mic and put one bud in your ear connected to your phone then put on your turtle beaches.

Back