In-Game Microphone level adjustments

• Thread starter grog
  • 11 comments
United States
Humboldt / CA
GT-R_HumboldtEF
Being able to adjust the level of mics online would be nice.

As it is in GT5 now if you aren't using a mic the chat from other people tends to blend with the in game sounds, making it almost impossible to hear. All I can hear is mumbling from my TV.

If we could play with the in game sound levels along with mic levels I'm guessing we could set it up so that we could hear people talking better. Or alternatively turn it down all the way.

I know there are quite a few "non mic" players who simply mute eveyone partly due to the poor sound levels (and partly due to abuse). With better options for sound levels I'm guessing these "non mic" player might be more likely to leave other player mics on, thus allowing for better communication.

Last edited:
Or you simply turn down the rest.

Believe me, it works.

You're misinterpreting what I'm suggesting.

I'm trying to prevent people from just turning them off, I know its needed when people abuse their mics. But I'm suggesting that by giving us the ability to adjust mic levels it should solve some of the issues that lead people to mute other players mics in the first place.

Can't that be done through the accessory settings in your PS3? Or am I thinking of something else?

Yeah, you're thinking of the mic settings that adjust how loud your mic is for others.

I'm suggesting there be a seperate adjustment for mics just like we have for music and sound effect levels.

I'm trying to prevent people from just turning them off, I know its needed when people abuse their mics. But I'm suggesting that by giving us the ability to adjust mic levels it should solve some of the issues that lead people to mute other players mics in the first place.
XMB - settings - peripherie (or whatever) - there's somewhere an option for this.

Yes and this only adjusts the level other people hear.
I know, but since he said I'm misinterpreting his post after this....:

Believe me, it works.
...I thought this is the only other thing he could mean.
Even though, I'm pretty sure he's misinterpreting my first post and not me his first. Funny......

dr_slump

Believe me, it works.

^^This.

Or just get a mic, you can hear whoever you want crystal clear OR you could take it out of your ear and listen to the in-game sounds without people talking.

I hate when one person has a mic and the other is texting, the guy with the mic has to wait for a response while the guy texting gets it right away. Sucks for the guy with the mic!

With better options for sound levels I'm guessing these "non mic" player might be more likely to leave other player mics on, thus allowing for better communication.

Believe me, it works.

I'm trying to prevent people from just turning them off,

Can't that be done through the accessory settings in your PS3? Or am I thinking of something else?

Yeah, you're thinking of the mic settings that adjust how loud your mic is for others.

I'm suggesting there be a seperate adjustment for mics just like we have for music and sound effect levels.

XMB - settings - peripherie (or whatever) - there's somewhere an option for this.

Yes and this only adjusts the level other people hear.

I know, but since he said I'm misinterpreting his post after this....:

...I thought this is the only other thing he could mean.
Even though, I'm pretty sure he's misinterpreting my first post and not me his first. Funny......

Okay I'm not gonna lose my cool i'm not gonna insult you guys, I'll try one more time to explain this.
This suggestion's sole purpose is to PREVENT PEOPLE FROM MUTING OTHER PEOPLES MICS.

I understand what you said in the OP, I think it would be a good option.

To make it clear for the others:
- An in-game option to adjust the sound levels of the voice chat.

I can see a problem in which if the user mics themselves have varying volumes, trying to hear someone who has their mic on low-volume could probably result in your ears bursting when someone who has theirs on high-volume comes in :ouch:

For that, I feel they should also allow volume adjustments for individual mic-users in a lobby.

Okay I'm not gonna lose my cool i'm not gonna insult you guys, I'll try one more time to explain this.
This suggestion's sole purpose is to PREVENT PEOPLE FROM MUTING OTHER PEOPLES MICS.
dictatorship style

Makes no sense to realise this in my eyes.

Back