In-game song help...

  • Thread starter Thread starter BonzoHarry
  • 14 comments
  • 1,103 views
Messages
297
Messages
GTP_BonzoHarry
there's one song that plays in game, I can't understand a gosh darn word the person singing is saying but it sounds like, "climbing up, climbing up a wall...given it a little bit more". I know I've heard this song somewhere and so has my roommate and neither of us can make out what they're saying or where we heard it from. Any help? :dunce:

edited for lukey
 
Last edited:
there's one song that plays in game, I can't understand a damn word the person singing is saying but it sounds like, "climbing up, climbing up a wall...given it a little bit more". I know I've heard this song somewhere and so has my roommate and neither of us can make out what they're saying or where we heard it from. Any help? :dunce:

A wild guess.....the re-mix of The Rocker by Thin Lizzy?
 
The EL-P remix of Goliath by The Mars Volta is imo one of the best songs in the game. Too bad you can't listen to the songs in the audio options menu.
 
there's one song that plays in game, I can't understand a gosh darn word the person singing is saying but it sounds like, "climbing up, climbing up a wall...given it a little bit more". I know I've heard this song somewhere and so has my roommate and neither of us can make out what they're saying or where we heard it from. Any help? :dunce:

EDIT: Post changed, 👍 Thanks!

Luke
 
Last edited:
Please respect the AUP, and your fellow GTP users. 👍 Thanks!



Luke

That was a bit heavy handed, eh? The only word there is a very mild one, but whatever.
 
That was a bit heavy handed, eh? The only word there is a very mild one, but whatever.

Oh, well, now that you put it that way, I guess someone could take it the wrong. I just think that cursing on a forum is tacky, especially for no reason, and when it's against the rules of the forum, I don't know it just brings down the quality of the forum in my opinion. My apologies to Bonzo if I offended him. :)

Luke
 
I would hardly class that as swearing.

Also....you quoting him defeats the purpose doesnt it? Even tho he has now edited his post your quote of him with that "curse word" (as you put it) still remains.

Anyway, back to the original topic.
 
I would hardly class that as swearing.

Also....you quoting him defeats the purpose doesnt it? Even tho he has now edited his post your quote of him with that "curse word" (as you put it) still remains.

Anyway, back to the original topic.

Ok, so what about it isn't a curse word? Oh, and my post has been edited. ;) So, no my purpose has not been defeated.

Luke
 
Well what about it is a curse word?? That works both ways.

It's a curse word because the majority of people consider it a curse word, even if it's "barely" a curse word, they still look at it that way. Yes, that is the majority. So, what's you answer?

Luke
 
Who said the majority of people consider it a curse word??

Everyone I know would not consider it a curse word....also, after a very quick google I found this....

http://www.steveroot.co.uk/archives/2006/12/is_damn_a_swear.html

As you can see from the replies both a 16 year old and an 86 year old dont think its a swear word.

Also, the majoriy of people think that word that begins with "d" and ends with "k" is a swear word, but its just another term for a males genitals!

Don't go and say the word penis is also a swear word now.

Anyway, think of it what you will. PERSONALLY I dont consider it a swear word.

Can we get back on topic now?
 
Last edited:
there's one song that plays in game, I can't understand a gosh darn word the person singing is saying but it sounds like, "climbing up, climbing up a wall...given it a little bit more". I know I've heard this song somewhere and so has my roommate and neither of us can make out what they're saying or where we heard it from. Any help? :dunce:

edited for lukey

The song is Onboard by Friendly Fires.
 
Dictionary definition of damn:

–verb (used with object)
1. to declare (something) to be bad, unfit, invalid, or illegal.
2. to condemn as a failure: to damn a play.
3. to bring condemnation upon; ruin.
4. to doom to eternal punishment or condemn to hell.
5. to swear at or curse, using the word “damn”: Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!
–verb (used without object)
6. to use the word “damn”; swear.
–interjection
7. (used as an expletive to express anger, annoyance, disgust, etc.)
–noun
8. the utterance of “damn” in swearing or for emphasis.
9. something of negligible value: not worth a damn.

You used a questionable site, and two replies, and maybe one was sixteen and the other was 86, maybe they were they same person. Who knows. 98% of the people I know consider it a curse word. So does the dictionary.

edited for lukey

:lol: I appreciate it. 👍

Luke
 
Just to clear any confusion up:

If the swear filter doesn't censor a word like this then it's nothing to worry about, unless it's used in a personal attack of some kind.

Back on topic now please. 👍
 
Back