In terms of hybriding, which game do you think was best for this?

Which game did you think was best for making hybrids?

• Gran Turismo 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gran Turismo 2

• Gran Turismo 3

• Gran Turismo Concept (any of the 3 games)

• Gran Turismo 4

• Gran Turismo (PSP)

• Gran Turismo 6

• Total voters
United States
The US of A
So if you've been into the GT series for a long time now, you probably know about hybriding and chances are, you have probably done it before. Different games have different options for hybriding, some more so than others, but the question is, which game did you think was the best for hybriding and why do you think so? Seen a few discussions on which game was the best in general, but not for what was best for hybriding and I think this is a discussion totally worth having! :)

Feel free to discuss, but keep it civil please! :)

As for my personal thoughts, my vote would go towards:

GT5.
GT5 already has a ton of content to boot and with several save editors for it existing and a lot of research being done on the save game itself, it gives you a ton of options to toy around with. And all you really need to get started is to be on GT5 version 2.11 or below, have a means of copying your save game to and from your PC and a save editor and you’re all set! :) It is the easiest and most accessible game for making hybrids to date.

Sure they may have released several patches for it on 2.12 and later in an attempt to kill hybriding in the game, but by that time, GT5 was nearing its end and they didn’t really bring anything worthwhile to the game after that. So you could just simply stay on 2.11 and not ever bother with the later updates and you would not be missing out on anything whatsoever.

GT5 in my opinion was where hybriding was at its peak in the series and to date, I have yet to find another GT game that was ever as good as this. Sadly, I’ll be surprised if we ever have another GT title that was this good for making hybrids ever again.

As for my thoughts on the other games:
GT1. Never got into it since I generally never played GT1 much and apart from submaniac93 and Mattj155 posting videos of hybrids on Youtube, it doesn’t look like theirs a whole lot about it. Some of the things I have been told about hybriding in GT1 don’t exactly make it seem like a promising game to me either.

GT2. This game was my introduction to hybriding, it’s the reason I even know of its existence. While it has a lot of content and seems to be an okay platform for hybriding, I tried it and I never cared too much for it because it was just kind of inconvenient having to use Gameshark codes to do it, especially if you’re not on emulation. Though I learned in recent years there is a save editor for the game that makes it easier, it doesn’t really matter much because my biggest problem I have with hybriding in this game is simply because of that stupid UFO noise you get when you install certain parts to a car. This alone just makes me not even want to do it in GT2 and it ruins the entire experience for me.

GT3. Haven’t done much with this game since I never played it a lot until recently, but with GT3gedit existing, “The Gran Turismo Genome Project” and various other things showing off what it can do and even driving a few hybrids myself, the game seems to have a lot of potential. My gut tells me this might be the 2nd best for this after looking at GT3gedit just last week.

GTC. Don’t have this game, but given how it’s pretty much based on GT3 and is supported by GT3gedit, I imagine it functions similarly to GT3 in terms of hybriding.

GT4. Never done it and as far as I can tell, I think only EU users can easily do it and while JakeMR2 seems to know how to do it on the US version, there doesn’t seem to be much about it beyond that. Even then, I don’t see a whole lot about this game at all, so it’s hard to comment on this one.

It’s worth noting though Nenkai did manage the crack the save last year and said it should be possible to make a garage editor for it. Although it hasn’t been done yet to my knowledge, I am optimistic to see what hybriding for this game will be like then should it happen.

GTPSP. I never could get into hybriding for this game simply because I could never get it to work right with my copy of the game. Not only that, but seeing how we don’t save editors for this game, have to have a hacked PSP to do it and the means of swapping parts are not the most user-friendly, I can’t say I am all that interested.

GT6. Never got into hybriding in this game either since we didn’t have a save editor and it was for a long time pretty much for jailbreak users only. Since I didn’t have a jailbroken console in GT6’s heyday and save editors for this game didn’t exist yet, I was out of luck. Although I did eventually get my console jailbroken and we did get a save editor for the game in recent years, hybriding had long since been patched. Hybriding in GT6 came way too early in the game's life cycle and got patched early on. Even if you were to stay on an update from before it was patched, you’d be missing out on a lot of content that came out later on and that’s my biggest problem with hybriding in this game.

All that negativity aside though, I have seen a little bit of what can be done in GT6 and it looks very promising, I think it might even have more options than GT5 did. Given we have tools to decrypt the game's files now and could potentially disable whatever causes hybrids to be reset, I am optimistic to see it return if this happens and it should be interesting!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back