In Theory If GT7.

United States
Heaven
In Theory

Lets say GT7 Comes out November 14 or 17 2016 and for that month it fails to Reach the NPD Top 10 Games sold for that month. Do you think Kaz job will be in trouble? I would think so? Its Sony biggest IP and for it to miss the NPD top 10 would be really bad and just shows how much damage GT5 and GT6 have done to the series.

No, NPD doesn't mean much for GT. It's the numbers in Europe that they'd be worried about.
Well i don't know about that. Based on the fact that the PS4 is doing way better then the PS3 did in NA. It would be a failure if it doesn't make it into the NPD top 10 Top 5 i say :)

Does anyone use the NPD as a measure of sales success anymore? While I don't recall it ever being used, I don't really see it mentioned when talking about how goo or bad a game does either.

Does anyone use the NPD as a measure of sales success anymore? While I don't recall it ever being used, I don't really see it mentioned when talking about how goo or bad a game does either.
No, but it's still a monthly thread on IGN's PlayStation Lobby regardless. :rolleyes:

Doesnt Forza sell far less games even compared to GT6? And Dan Greenawalt is doing fine

Kaz will only be in trouble if GT ever gets any sort of real competition on the Playstation or if the series bombs badly (less then 2 million copies sold). Both are unlikely to happen anytime soon.

...I was baited into enthering the thread by the title. Dang it. :irked:

Will Kaz's job be in jeopardy if GT7 fails to crack NPD sales top ten list? Can't imagine that happening. Doesn't Kaz hold a position of vice president-of-something in Sony Worldwide Studios?

Besides, it's unfathomable to think GT7 won't sell. Sony's marketing folks will see to it that doesn't happen.

I have a hard time separating the acronym PD from the meaning "Personality Disorder" (ooh, bet you're all annoyed you missed that joke for so long!); N referring to "Narcissistic" in this case...

I'm sure Sony's aim is to sell as many games as possible for as little investment as possible, so yes, wanting to do "well" (according to the investment) in the "sales charts" (such as they are), is kind of a given.

Very weird (and naïve) hypothetical situation, seemingly desperately in hope of the final line being true.

In Theory

Lets say GT7 Comes out November 14 or 17 2016 and for that month it fails to Reach the NPD Top 10 Games sold for that month. Do you think Kaz job will be in trouble? I would think so? Its Sony biggest IP and for it to miss the NPD top 10 would be really bad and just shows how much damage GT5 and GT6 have done to the series.

According to my thread, this will not happen. From previous PD titles the minimum time before a game to see a first trailer is about 6 months. This is the end of July and there are not many big events coming soon. I'm thinking GT7 is at least 7 or 8 months away, and more likely 15-18 months away.

If GT7
>Then yes. :D

Sorry couldn't resist. And I think it fits this thread perfectly.

GT6 is still in some Euro top tens for PS3 sales, near a spot to GTAV.

I really doubt a **** market like murica means anything to anyone as far as keeping job or not at PD.

I really, really really, really doubt it.

I'm not sure how you came to this conclusion.

Even in some alternate universe where Sony "fired" PD, they would still be a company, and would continue to create games for Playstation.

Back