Incompetent.

  • Thread starter Thread starter ShinFuYux
  • 7 comments
  • 1,055 views
Messages
4
Messages
kuroi_kawa
I never really got into the Gran Turismo series until GT3-Aspec came out for the PS2. I found that the first two gran turismo games where rather dull and boring, but there was something unique for GT3 that made me go into the Simulation genre.

Since then, I had the impression that racing was all about getting the turn in very precise manner, knowing when to brake and that's it. Let the car do its thing and you just worry about not hitting the wall when you turn.

Right?

heh..

Well, seeing devoted fans of this series posting videos of themselves in youtube, i feel rather embarrassed to know that I can't, for dear god, drive a car manually on the nurburgring without any assists on (no traction control, ABS, Anti-slip and etc), or do a lap with 16 other cars around you and still get a great time.

When I did the first AMG test on the nurburgring in GT5. I took off all of the Aids and made the car manually. At first, i did just fine, I kept the car on the road, hit the apex and I was in the right gear for most of the time. But, I was arriving at the finish line very, very, very slow and for that it just disqualified me instantly. So, i turned on the aids but kept the car in manual. The difference was dramatic, I instantly got a silver, but I was no where near the gold.

No matter how hard I tried, I can't reach past the silver trophy. I guess there's a limit somewhere and I hit it.

Maybe some people are just naturally born with the talent to drive insanely good and get all of these tests and special events gold. But for others, such as myself, I feel like I'm going to miss out some of the content because of my incompetence.

I heard that you have to get all gold to unlock the 24hr Nurburgring track, which sucks, because I can't!
 
Well, here's the thing: Don't worry about it. Just enjoy the game. The more you enjoy it, the more you'll play. The more you'll play, the better you'll get. No one starts out as a pro, so just focus on having fun and the rest will work itself out.

...Besides, we've got a decent wait until GT6, so no reason to rush right? ;)
 
The ring is very hard untill you learn it atleast half well.

Use the red gear indicator to get the right speed through the up coming corners and maybe turn on the racing line for a while.

It's worth the practice once you get it but gold on those challenges will be very hard
 
I'm getting two or three golds per license stages, a few silvers and then bronze using the gamepad. Never used a steering wheel, pedal and shifter, but I think those will help alot. Steering with the gamepad is alot of corrective input and then more corrective input to correct what you just tried to correct since when I turn the wheel on it, there is no real holding a line. Same with gas and braking. Feel certain my driving experience will take a huge leap with a steering wheel.
 
I hate that track. I dislike that that is the only track that needs to be "mastered". As the ones I know perfectly are irrelevant.
 
I thought the sabastion leob rally challenge was difficult?
 
I've run WLR for two years now and have been lucky to race against some of the fastest online drivers there are.

It just makes me realise that I am, in fact, distinctly average!

Don't let it put you off - you'll still gain an advantage in performance from trying to catch them :D
 
I thought the sabastion leob rally challenge was difficult?

I golded the first event with no trouble but the damn K trail is givin me a headache let alone the Chamonix.
 
Back