Increasing steering response: Thrustmaster T300

• Thread starter Tommy_D
  • 5 comments
United States
United States
Does anyone know if you can increase the steering input in GT7. I find myself having to turn the wheel well past 180 degrees on some turns and it gets my arms and hands all crossed up. It's also very hard to shift when your hands have completely flipped upside down mid turn. Also, I dont drive many formula 1 cars, but there's no way a vehicle like that should have to turn the wheel so much to get it to rotate through a tight turn.

What I'm asking is if there are any ways to make say... 135 degrees of rotation the full stop. I know this will make all my steering inputs a bit twitchy, but it's something I could get used to.

Last edited:
yes possible mode + bpad left, but you need to reapply after any restart or pitstop.
Hmm, I'll have to give this a try. But if it has to be reset every time I stop the car, that seems like a terrible implementation of this "feature".

I don't want to sound like a "just do better" douche but when you drive a real car you often have to do hand over hand and you get used to it. You can just palm the wheel too and spin it like I do on the Bathurst downhill hairpin if you don't like hand over hand. Just don't do it on your road test in real life. I feel changing the rotation to that tight will make it too touchy and worse trade off wise.

I completely understand doing the hand over hand thing and that works for slower cars, but the faster I drive, the harder and harder it becomes to deal with a wheel that seems too slow for the driving I'm doing.

My example of driving an F1 car is a perfect analogy of this. I was working on my S License and running the Laguna Seca lap in the F1 car. The very first left hand turn requires you to completely turn the wheel upside down to maintain entry and mid turn speed. For an F1 car that doesnt seem right. Some of the GR.1 cars have super tight steering and require very little steering input to get them to turn. I just thought this F1 car would have similar driving dynamics to those GR.1 cars. Since it doesnt, I wanted to know if there was a work around to make adjustments to my wheel and help tighten up that steering. After all, you can adjust the force feedback, and there is a setting called "controller steering sensitivity" but that doesn't seem to have an effect on a wheel. I wasn't sure if this was a GT7 limitation or a Thrustmaster limitation.

Hmm, I'll have to give this a try. But if it has to be reset every time I stop the car, that seems like a terrible implementation of this "feature".
Yeh it works m8 i did do it for drifting but like Dan said it resets every time so is next to useless .Shame we can't set the rotation on the pc like the new logi wheels

Latest Posts

Back