Indicator on automatically when leaving pit lane.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Thorson1987
  • 12 comments
  • 425 views
Messages
492
Australia
Australia
Messages
nthorson1987
Does anyone else have this happen to them in lobbies?

During practice and qualifying, when you first leave pit lane the cars indicator is on for the direction going onto the track (right indicator when leaving pits at Mt Panorama and left when leaving Brands Hatch)

Is there a way to turn this off?
 
Does anyone else have this happen to them in lobbies?

During practice and qualifying, when you first leave pit lane the cars indicator is on for the direction going onto the track (right indicator when leaving pits at Mt Panorama and left when leaving Brands Hatch)

Is there a way to turn this off?
I assume you mean your turn signal indicator and not your corner assist indicator?
 
Last edited:
Thanks for clarifying, as far as I am aware you can't turn this feature off, you have to turn the indicator off manually after you've excited the pitlane
Yeah that's what I do, but some cars you can't see that they are on in VR, which makes it difficult for cars behind me as they think I'm signalling them.

It doesn't happen all the time either which is confusing.
 
I never noticed this... Never had to turn the indicator off after exiting the pit lane.
 
Does anyone else have this happen to them in lobbies?

During practice and qualifying, when you first leave pit lane the cars indicator is on for the direction going onto the track (right indicator when leaving pits at Mt Panorama and left when leaving Brands Hatch)

Is there a way to turn this off?
Yeah that's what I do, but some cars you can't see that they are on in VR, which makes it difficult for cars behind me as they think I'm signalling them.

It doesn't happen all the time either which is confusing.
Sooo... this isn't a thing - as the fact that it only happens some of the time firmly indicates. If it was a thing, it would happen all the time.

That suggests that, whatever buttons you have L/R/H indicators mapped to, you're catching it somehow.

Try a different mapping and see what happens.
 
Sooo... this isn't a thing - as the fact that it only happens some of the time firmly indicates. If it was a thing, it would happen all the time.

That suggests that, whatever buttons you have L/R/H indicators mapped to, you're catching it somehow.

Try a different mapping and see what happens.
Definitely not touching the buttons that control them. That was the first thing I thought of so made sure my hands were off the wheel until I got control of the car.
 
Definitely not touching the buttons that control them. That was the first thing I thought of so made sure my hands were off the wheel until I got control of the car.
Can you provide some video of it happening?
 
I have turn signals mapped to left/right on the D-pad.

he game registers the presses even when you are on the lobby menu.

So when I get on the track, I might have turn signal on, or the highbeams, just because I used D-pad on the lobby menu.

Same thing might happen to you.

Also if I pause the game while on the track and use the D-pad, my lights flash and change while I navigate menus or write to the lobby chat.
 
Last edited:
Hey ! I have mapping turnlights/warning on the touchpad PS5 gamepad.
Sooo... this isn't a thing - as the fact that it only happens some of the time firmly indicates. If it was a thing, it would happen all the time.
For me, it's just automatic on a "endurance" race ( if AI must pit to finish the race).
But for the players, you use turnlights yourself, even you entry/exit Pit.
 
Back