Individual Challenges

  • Thread starter Thread starter seadog777
  • 6 comments
  • 545 views

seadog777

Premium
Messages
3,014
Malaysia
Iskandar
Messages
seadog777
While the network is down, does anyone fancy the idea of... er... what would you call it? Remote challenges? Offline challenges?

The idea somebody posts their result of a particular event in a particular car... and then it's up to you to compare / beat / discuss / whatever.

As an example (by the way, I'm an "average at best" game driver, so there's no element of showing off here, and no embarrassment either)

Entered European Challenge in Extreme, Deep Forest event (5 laps).

Car: Bentley 8, with stage 3 turbo, soft racing tyres (yeah, I know...).

Best Lap: Lap 3, 1.08.448 (started lapping on lap 4, slows you down!)

Or post your own, for others to compete against. It's just something to add a little spice until online / seasonal races come back.

Just an idea.

Mods, I looked at putting this in Online Racing, but it didn't fit.... I know it doesn't fit here either; apologies.
 
Threads that you're speaking of are all over. Just look around.

Whoops... you edited your post.... cheeky!

Thanks for that.... which sub-forum is it? I can't find them without your links....
 
There are a few threads already with time trial challenges in this forum but I think they are a good way to kill time and hone some racing skills.

Oni's time trial is a good one, the restrictions on that work really well for a good challenge.

I'm always looking for a new challenge though and I'm sure plenty of others are too. So, seadog, if you can set a track, PP, HP, tyre and other such restrictions to ensure a good competition with a leader board I'm sure you'll get some interest here.
 
Whoops... you edited your post.... cheeky!

Thanks for that.... which sub-forum is it? I can't find them without your links....

It shouldn't be too hard to find! It's the Gran Turismo 5 forum. :lol:
 
Whoops... you edited your post.... cheeky!

Thanks for that.... which sub-forum is it? I can't find them without your links....

O.... M.....G..... :sick:

I just noticed there's a GT5 forum that isn't a sub-forum. And I'm a "senior" member....:guilty:
 
well a simple challenge. i call it Platinum times. if you already have all golds or even if you dont have them all yet, go back and watch the replay driver and note his time. for example the licensce test at the Nurburgring GP course, the first 4 corners. the driver beats gold time by 7 tenths of a second! thats huge. the challenge is to destroy the replay drivers time or gold time whichever is better.

on 1A-6 the Nur GP, gold is 30.7, the replay driver runs a 30.066, i ran a 29.714 tried to beat gold by 1 full second...couldnt and yet im not sure i took the second corner as fast as possible. nailed 1 3 and 4 tho...3 was so sweet only took it like that once and its why my time is lower by about 2 tenths from my previous best time.

B8 the chicane in High Speed Ring, gold is 21.1 the replay driver sucks and does a 21.824 i did a 20.522 i really loved this one and kept at it until i felt i did it to perfection. i wouldnt be suprised if someone could go lower i just cant think of a way how to do it any better or faster. (hint: i am one hair away from full red tire drifting the whole first half of the chicane:))

there are others i went much lower than i needed to just for fun and in an attempt to run a perfect time. on the ones they give you a huge brake from the replay drivers time, once you figure out how to beat him you just know it can be done faster if you did it perfectly.

i also did the same thing on the AMG School beginner all sections on Nurburgring. i attempted to destroy the replay drivers time and then attempted to run a perfect fastest possible time. i just love that track and fell in love with how that car drives. also the challenge of learning to drift the ring and push it to the ultimate limit all corners was quite enjoyable. the short sections makes wrecking no biggie while i find on a full lap i get more conservative the farther around i get.

the AMG one is actually much better than any licensce test imo because the super skid force isnt on and doesnt let you do crazy impossible manuvers you cant do in a seasonal TT...great practice while PSN is down.
 
Back