Individual Games?

TelepathicCow

(Banned)
Ireland
Donegal
Hello I was thinking about GT7 today and thought of this idea. Let me know if it's any good. I was thinking of a Le Mans/Nascar/WRC exclusive game. I was thinking for these games to be released individually (for example F1 2014). I also think they should buy the license for BTCC or V8 Supercars. Let me know if this is a stupid idea. Thank you

Hello I was thinking about GT7 today and thought of this idea. Let me know if it's any good. I was thinking of a Le Mans/Nascar/WRC exclusive game. I was thinking for these games to be released individually (for example F1 2014). I also think they should buy the license for BTCC or V8 Supercars. Let me know if this is a stupid idea. Thank you

It's not stupid, and welcome to the forums. Although think the fact that Codemasters does that in a way already, but GT having all cars within the game was(at least one point(debatable)) it's bread and butter.

So you want to take a series whose core attribute is a massive car selection that allows you to race any car on any track, take the content, and separate it out into different, smaller games? Since you asked, yes, it's a stupid idea:lol:

@Johnnypenso I wouldn't say stupid, that is a bit harsh. But quite unrealistic, yes. If the motorsport series was in separate modes inside the core game it would be doable. It would add a new fresh feel to the game if you ask me. Race the series you want, or race them all in the classic GT Mode. Take on Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt jr. in a Nascar season, take on Sebastien Loeb in a WRC stage or two, take on Colin Tarkington in a series of BTCC championships and so on. It would get more realistic and fun. A whole new way of looking at Gran Turismo. With so many cars this can be possible. Just add the livery editor, and make the different motorsport series liveries on cars you tune to that specific race/rally stage etc.

Separate games are unlikely to be too popular, but additional race series cars, tracks and events as DLC is viable.

I'd rather see all the superfluous features that are not core GT beome DLC - Photo mode, B-spec, course creator.

PD Could spin off other areas such as the service area and turn it into a full on mechanic mode in the same way they've developed photo mode out of taking a screenshot. How about a detailing mode off the back of the car wash for applying different finishes etc. Livery editor fits in with it too, make it DLC, if its as important as everyone says then people will pay.

Agree with others that it would just be too much for them to make a game dedicated to a single series on top of the car collecting simulator. Best leave it to people like Codemasters or SMS who can be dedicated to that sort of thing. Good question though, because thinking about it I'd be really interested to know how PD would approach the task. We all know their style and their quirks/flaws when it comes to a driving game with a million cars, but a motorsport game based solely around a single series is a different story and I'd love to see what their take on it would be.

Back