Indy 500

United States
United States
I'd like to do an Indy 500 but unfortunately GT7 doesnt offer Indianapolis or an Indy car. Anyone have any suggestions of other racing games that offfer indy or indy cars?? I know project cars 2 has indy and indycars but I found it way too frustrating to play that game. way too many problems and indianapolis was nearly impossible to drive with a controller. I currently have a ps5 but any suggestions for any console would be much appreciated.

The most readily available option you can get is a PC and an iRacing subscription. There are certainly mods for Assetto Corsa too.

You can also get an Xbox One or Series X for Forza 7, but it’s unfortunately no longer available digitally so you might have to go out of your way for a copy.

The most readily available option you can get is a PC and an iRacing subscription. There are certainly mods for Assetto Corsa too.

You can also get an Xbox One or Series X for Forza 7, but it’s unfortunately no longer available digitally so you might have to go out of your way for a copy.

rFactor 2 is also an option for PC as they recently added the current field to the game.

GPLaps actually just released a video going over the options out there for experiencing current INDYCAR racing. Sadly your options on console are pretty limited.

Project Cars 2, although the car is a gen back and the game is a few years old, does IndyCar very well IMO and apparently runs great on PS5. AI can be a bit hit or miss on the ovals, have had great races with them and have had the entire field wrecked out by lap 10.

You can also run the IR18 in Forza 7, you did specify consoles after all. The older DW12 in Forza has physics of pure fiction but the two IR18's (speedway and road course) aren't terrible. No tire options or push to pass but that doesn't matter on ovals.

Last edited:
Back