Ingame tutorial

  • Thread starter Thread starter Worthy1066
  • 17 comments
  • 1,449 views
Messages
253
Messages
GTP_worthy1066
Hi guys,

Just looked at the latest video and happen to see a clip of Sebastien Loeb telling you how to take a particular part of the track .Now yes it may be he is the voice of your nav man ,but could this also be a hint of in game driving classes voiced not only by Seb but other drivers from other classes like Jason Plato from touring or Kevin Harvick from Nascar .

What do you guys think ?
 
Loeb or Vettel? I think having some voice input would be a plus, but then again, repetitive voices can be annoying. i remember enjoying it during Colin Mcrae Rally tho on the PS1. 'Mind the cones'... ;)
 
I would'nt want to see in a race but I would like to see it in its own section like Driving School or a Free run Option
 
It would be interesting if they used Vettel as an instructor for road racing, and Loeb as a tutor for rallying.
 
It would be interesting if they used Vettel as an instructor for road racing, and Loeb as a tutor for rallying.
Wow, that's a great idea, actually!

i remember enjoying it during Colin Mcrae Rally tho on the PS1. 'Mind the cones'... ;)
You reminded me of Colin... :(
"The aim of your first task is to get feel for the car"... I miss his beautiful Scottish accent.
 
Wow, that's a great idea, actually!
I only say it because it makes sense. Sebastian Vettel isn't a rally driver; Sebastien Loeb is. Hell, you could probably get a couple of racing personalities going in there. Adrian Newey is somehow involved, so he could be there to talk the player through car setup and racing strategy. If NASCAR has big enough presence within the game, you could get someone from NASCAR to talk the player through it. Of course, I think it would only work if individual disciplines have as big a presence within the game as rallynig traditionally does (and I can't really see that happening in NASCAR's case).

Maybe a better way to do it would be to alter the licence system. You start off getting the domestic licences, but once you get to the traditional international level, you acquire an open-wheel licence (Vettel), a rallying licence (Loeb), Le Mans cars (Kristensen) a touring car licence (Prilaux?), a drfiting licence (I have no idea) and a NASCAR licence (Earnhardt Jnr.) with Newey as your racing engineer. Each personality would talk you through the tests and introducing the events once you gain access. The trick is to get a balance going - you don't want one driver dominating just as you don't want any f them being under-used.
 
I think the more obvious thing would be that Vettel would provide German voice overs while Loeb would provides the French ones.
 
I think the more obvious thing would be that Vettel would provide German voice overs while Loeb would provides the French ones.
Except that Vettel can be heard speaking English in the trailer.
 
Well obviously since it was a tailer for EA which is located in the US, they'd have done it in English just for that, it's just one sentence. Anyway, it's just speculation for now :P
 
I only say it because it makes sense.

Yes, indeed!
I remember news about Yamauchi visiting racing events, getting info and interviews - at first, I thought it will be a part of new "Making of GT5" movie, or some documentary like that, but with E3 trailer in mind, your version really makes sense.
After all, the documentary video footage can be easily distributed via GT TV and PSN =)
P.S. But as sensei for drifting they MUST use Keichi Tsuchiya, besides, he is also Japanese =)
 
Well obviously since it was a tailer for EA which is located in the US, they'd have done it in English just for that, it's just one sentence. Anyway, it's just speculation for now :P
Then why not use the English voice-over personality (ie Button, Hamilton, etc.)?
 
Don't we all want Jeremy Clarksons' voice in GT5?

THE STIG!!
4lo8kh.gif
 
Then why not use the English voice-over personality (ie Button, Hamilton, etc.)?

Because that's something they might announce later? :P I think it'd be awesome to have each of the languages voiced by one of the top racing guys speaking said language. We have the behind closed doors presentation today so who knows? we might get some new announcements/infos there!
 
Don't we all want Jeremy Clarksons' voice in GT5?

THE STIG!!
4lo8kh.gif

Oh god, please, yes :dopey:

Vettel would do the road racing tutorial, Loeb would do rallying, and the Top Gear trio would do vehicle voiceovers in the selection screens/showrooms! :dopey:

Jeremy: The incredible Ferrari F430... a 4.3 litre V8 pumping out 483hp at 8,500rpm brings you to 60mph in 3.5 seconds, with a top speed of 196mph. And if you select one in white, you can pretend you are Richard Hammond's teeth...

Richard: I'VE NOT HAD MY TEETH DONE!

James: *that odd honky laugh*
 
Licensing issues perhaps.
I'm not specifically referring to Button or Hamilton in asking that question. Alba suggested that Vettel will provide the German voice-over for the game, but for some reason he supplied the English voice-over specifically for the trailer, which makes no sense - why would they have the German voice-over guy re-record everything in English for a trailer when there's already an English recording?
 
Back