Initial D and Wangan Midnight remade in Unity?!? Check this guy out!

Croatia
Croatia
staka117 on youtube, this guy is amazing!

I wish I could say more about this...but I woke up an hour ago lol. Anyway, this is some amazing work he's done, looks great and the cars seem to handle really good from what I've seen. Just thought I'd share.

I don't know what I would do if in the near future, this guy gathered a team to work on this game, got licensed and paid to make/remake a new TXRD or Wangan Midnight game...I'd probably die from happiness.

Hello friends. I have seen this video and I like it very much. Do we have the possibility to download it to the computer and play it? How do I download or buy? Thanks.

I think it's just in very very early beta stage for now. Even if it's finished, I doubt it will be released as is. There's too much potential conflict with car manufacturers/music/HUD likeness licensing wise.

For now, you can pretty much already drive Initial D/Wangan Midnight in simulation style in Assetto Corsa ;)

*BUMP*

Good news and bad news. Apparently this guy released a public build for the game a few months back. Bad news, he took down the link because "promo period is over". People said you can find an alternate link in the comments but I scoured the whole thing and can't find one :grumpy: If anyone reading this has it, please get in touch 👍

This game popped up once again last week on my YT feed and also ended up looking for the download link but couldn’t find it. Neither in the comment section or on the pirate’s most famous bay (not that my PC could run it anyway).

Interestingly enough, the creator behind these demos did it for his own educational purposes.

Last time I saw this game I bought Import Tuner Challenge for the X360 back in 2018. This time I ended up importing Wangan Midnight for the PS3 from Japan instead (estimated delivery time: 18th February) :lol:

Last edited:

What a legend. You signed up just to give us the link :bowdown: Thank you good sir!

EDIT: Ok just tried it. Physics remind me of Underground 1 a bit, it's grip based and has a nice sense of weight to it. You can only drift using the handbrake though, and I can't quite get the hang of it yet. It also has interior view! The track is lifted from Assetto so be careful not to go off the planned route and fall into the abyss (some barriers also allow your car to clip through). No lap timer, you just drive round and round C1 Outer Loop in the 240Z. You can also put your own music into the game folder (wav only) but I haven't tried it yet.

Also tried changing the default controller from X360 to Keyboard as per pdf instructions (it's in Japanese, but you can copy paste to google translate), but nothing works and they don't show the default keyboard configuration.

Pretty good for a one man game IMO. Some rough edges and still very limited in scope obviously, but it's a nice way to drive round C1 if you just have 5 minutes to spare and can't be bothered booting up AC :D

Last edited:
Back