Initial D at Citta d'Aria 👍

  • Thread starter Thread starter puricele7e
  • 26 comments
  • 1,878 views
Messages
683
Just reading the dream 6-car grid (or whatever it's called) thread.....i don't really think they
're gonna be THAT many cars on tracks like Citta or (the other one from the BMW demo) because they're really tight to fit one or two cars, how about 6 of them :scared: :scared:

I was thinking of a 'battle' style races, like in Best Motoring on the Touge, like Tokyo Xtreme Racer, like Initial D and so on.....

It may sound too arcadey :guilty: but passing a car in Citta then blocking it the whole race doesn't sound too good 👎


PS: Forget the Tokyo Xtreme Racer example, because it does require passing....
Just the Initial D and Best Motoring ones ;) 👍
 
puricele7e
Just reading the dream 6-car grid (or whatever it's called) thread.....i don't really think they
're gonna be THAT many cars on tracks like Citta or (the other one from the BMW demo) because they're really tight to fit one or two cars, how about 6 of them :scared: :scared:

erm...Citta d'Aria is a tarmac rally track. that means you against the clock ;)
 
Mukai
erm...Citta d'Aria is a tarmac rally track. that means you against the clock ;)


all the previous GranTurismo 'Rally Stages' have featured you against one other opponent not the clock, do you know if GT4 will be different? ;)
 
TheCracker
all the previous GranTurismo 'Rally Stages' have featured you against one other opponent not the clock, do you know if GT4 will be different? ;)


Im not sure - as long as we are not racing against a ridiculous rally ghost like in GT2, then i wont mind.
 
In previous GTs you always raced the rally tracks against one opponent. I suppose it's gonna be the same in GT4, and that'd fit on Citta di Aria, too.

Cheers,
the Interceptor
 
I think you were right first time, puricele7e, Citta d'Aria is too tight to manage even a two car race... at points, it's hard enough to get one car round, let alone two racing.... it even makes Monaco look like Spa Francorchamps in comparison!.... I can see it being exclusively a time trial track...

TM
 
i hope it is sttrictly a time trial as it is way too tight for two cars, although in tyhe opening vid of GT4 prologue it shoe two cars on the course so itll probably have two in the final version
 
Well, i saw some pictures with 2 cars on it, so that's why i created this thread :) Just wanted to know your hopes of tail-to-nose racing on this track 👍
 
Yep.. there's a screenshot around here somewhere of two cars on Citta d'Aria, I think it's from one of the "Scans" threads.
 
Heres a pic from a fair while ago
 

Attachments

  • gt434.jpg
    gt434.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 113
Just out of curiosity, what makes this track a "tarmac rally" track, as opposed to just another road course? Aside from the fact that everyone calls it a "tarmac rally" track... Is there actually any real difference, or is it just in the name?
 
I'd like to have the choice of racing against opponents on Citta for starters...
If it's possible, you don't necessarily have to do it, unless, that is, PD make it a requirement to "beat" er, i mean complete the game.
But hey ho... life's full of challenges: I say bring it on!

^^ I guess cos the first screenies had the Delta Integrale on it, I prefer to call it a circuit, as that's exactly what it is. In my opinion a rally track is a point-to-point job, unless it's a Super Special Stage, but they're generally short and in open areas.
 
I hope that there will be tarmac rally races that would be pretty fun exspecially for the drifters.
 
Jedi2016
Just out of curiosity, what makes this track a "tarmac rally" track, as opposed to just another road course? Aside from the fact that everyone calls it a "tarmac rally" track... Is there actually any real difference, or is it just in the name?

One difference I can think of is that it lacks a pitlane. That and the fact that it's so narrow that it would be hard to fit 6 cars on the grid if there was one.
 
Jows73
Im not sure - as long as we are not racing against a ridiculous rally ghost like in GT2, then i wont mind.

The Rally ghosts sucked, but not being able to wallride off of them does teach racing line in those damned rally tracks, don't you think? 💡
 
flamingwonky
The Rally ghosts sucked, but not being able to wallride off of them does teach racing line in those damned rally tracks, don't you think? 💡[/ QUOT


Defintely stopped wallriding which was good - but they had built up rally mode so much prior to GT2's release that when I finally got hold of it and raced against the AI and it was a ghost - if felt insulting and dissapointing to say the least; like PD rushed it or something (well the general consensus is the rushed the game as a whole anyway) But rally in Gt3 was sorted hope the dont got back to racing ghost's it is really lame in my opinion.
 
What about the 10 secondes penalties? That would be really annoying!
;)
 
flamingwonky
Forgive me for being newbie-ish:

What 10 second penalties? In GT3? (I haven't played rally much on that).
When you would hit a wall hard your car would be under penalty and you can only travel a certain amount of speed. 👎
 
98cobra
When you would hit a wall hard your car would be under penalty and you can only travel a certain amount of speed. 👎

As far as we know, they removed that a while ago and replaced it with the "shaky-cam" effect when you hit something. The Toyota demo has the penalty, but the BMW demo and every demo afterwards didn't. I think it's safe to say it's gone.
 
flamingwonky
Forgive me for being newbie-ish:

What 10 second penalties? In GT3? (I haven't played rally much on that).
It is in GT4 :P, they hold you at 50kph for 10 seconds if you slam into a wall.
 
Jedi2016
As far as we know, they removed that a while ago and replaced it with the "shaky-cam" effect when you hit something. The Toyota demo has the penalty, but the BMW demo and every demo afterwards didn't. I think it's safe to say it's gone.
Thank god.
 
Let me see if I feel your vibe, player...

You want "Five Dangerous Hairpins!" at Citta di Aria? Drifting will happen, but Initial D in GT4? I don't think it will happen. You can still ride some of the cars including the love-it-or-hate-it Toyota AE86, a black Nissan R32 Skyline, a yellow Mazda RX-7, or whatever else is in the series. Also, Citta di Aria is pretty tough. Personally, I'd probably take a Lancia Delta S4. Wow. That's the first time I recommend anything of Lancia's for a race track. It seems like too many risks to have a fast car on a track you know almost nothing about. So I'd go easy, then go all out when I master GT4's many tracks.

The only tarmac rally I tend to like is Costa di Amalfi. I'm normally a sucker for nighttime, but Costa di Amalfi has that sort of "fun in the sun" deal. You probably won't find Kelly Slater surfing the waves or cuties in hipster bikinis in flip-flop sandals, but it's like paradise. And dare I say, it has a sort of atmosphere that would benefit Project Gotham Racing driving. Makes me want to maybe take a Jaguar XJ220 and rip up this Italian track (or at least I think it's in Italy). But these tarmac rallies should be good fun no matter what car you have or what you want to play with on track. Not to be relegated to America, but I wonder what would make a nice track for an American one-on-one tarmac rally race. I guess if you're talking America, you'll have to think about Detroit at least. Maybe a stroll down Beverly Hills, or whatever the case.
 
No....you got it all wrong:( I'm not talking about the initial D cars or tracks or drifting habbits, JUST their battle system (tail-to-nose) That's all 👍

If you played Prologue a lot, chances are you know the track by heart.....because it's a lot easier to remember than other tracks.

Costa d'Amalfi is indeed another very nice track, i think it's in Croatia :dunce: Please correct if i'm wrong :dopey:

About America stage......well....it would have been nice, maybe something like Seattle (with those nice sun effects 👍 )
 
Back