Initial D (GT2 style)

Philippines
Philippines
Has anyone ever made Initial D in Gran Turismo 2?

If not, I'll be the first to post about it :3 Obviously a fan XD

Obviously, I bought the AE86 and breezed my way around Tahiti Road :3
I bought the sim tyres and I'm still learning how to drift

It annoys me that whenever I try to drift, I get tangled with the non-drifting AI
What I want to do is to get them to drift/use tyre codes on them to make them drift
What are all the AI tyre codes?

Not much really. I did chassis swaps on all of my cars, switched the stock transmission to 6 speed (minus the 3000GT LM, which has a 7 speed), tweaked the downforce to get better cornering speed (set according to the hp of the hybid that I make) and that's about it.

The motor work varied, since GT2 has a boat load of motors to choose from, so I just used motors that I thought fit the personality of the car I was building.

Not much really. I did chassis swaps on all of my cars, switched the stock transmission to 6 speed (minus the 3000GT LM, which has a 7 speed), tweaked the downforce to get better cornering speed (set according to the hp of the hybid that I make) and that's about it.

The motor work varied, since GT2 has a boat load of motors to choose from, so I just used motors that I thought fit the personality of the car I was building.
This game still holds the record for the most number of cars! I bet no other game allows hybrids to be made XD Making hybrids scares me--I feel like I need to learn more before doing respectable hybrids XD

My present ideal touge/mountain pass car:
  • The weight of the Subaru 360
  • The displacement of the R34
  • The AYC of the Lancer VI GSR
  • The drivetrain of some midship AWD (is it 3000GT? If not, I'd settle for CTR2 Sport)
  • The turbo of Tom's Supra
  • The engine of the Viper
  • The downforce of the Escudo
  • The yellow body of a non-race mod RX-7 RS-R '97
You might kill me for wanting AWD, but I'll defend myself by saying that the Initial D characters do not discourage the use of AWD :3 Add midship to that, and you'll find yourself bored, even on the most difficult turns! What I'm saying is that the neutral handling around the corners provided by the midship engine placement gives you the feeling of perfect control, under any condition, around tight turns that you might even want to go faster!

I think Subaru 360 has the lightest weight??? And as I've read some sites, I've learned that lighter cars have a definite advantage in winding roads. The lighter the car, the lesser the load transfer and the more responsive the car feels on turns. There is no replacement for displacement, but no horsepower can match the lightweight!

I have this obsession with the Active Yaw Control! It's the only exclusive upgrade (I've read that Nissan is not the only one to have displacement)! I don't know how to use it, but I'd want to test it :3

I'm not saying the GT-R has weaker turbos than the Tom's Supra, but for me, the sound the Supra makes is sooo much like a fast, piercing gale that it almost blends with the turbo spool

I'd love to have 706 hp of the Viper under the bonnet of my hybrid XD I feel like the other turbo engines has a lower non-turbo hp when taking corners compared to the consistent power of naturally-aspirated cars

I don't know what car has better downforce than the Escudo so, for now, I'll take Es-****-o's downforce... It's not that I hate the car--what I hate about it is that it has no substitute! My most tuned GT-R needs to have at least a 20 second advantage just to barely win! Pike Peaks T_T

I'll probably over-rate Keisuke Takahashi at this point, but all the other characters believe that the Project D RX-7 is the fastest in the touge. Even against professional circuit racers. I'm no Keisuke, so this hybrid is to take all things positive about all cars and mash it up into this monstrous RX-7 XD
  • Ryosuke commented that his little bro has an accurate internal clock. Ryosuke has recognized that he was exceeded
  • Takumi said that he was afraid to be shown the skills of Keisuke, and that he'd absolutely lose if they had a battle
  • I'd definitely watch the next season! Don't you die on me, Initial D! It wouldn't be 'initial' if it doesn't have a 'final'! and If the initial has had almost 10 seasons/specials/movies, i'd expect Medial D to have at least double! Finally, Final D!

Your car, your build: There's no set standard to hybrid building.

So, basically you would be making Mid engine car with an AWD drivetrain. It can be done, just a matter of taking a mid-engine car and switching the drivetrain to AWD, then switching the body of the car to an RX7 RS-R, as an example. Basically it would be, emample: Yellow MR2 with a lancer AWD system and a RX7 RS-R body.

Downforce can be adjusted a lot higher than the Escudo: The max downforce with no codes is 78 front and 99 rear, I believe. With codes the max is 255 front and rear, it's just a matter of adjusting the downforce to what you feel is necessary for your car. Too much downforce and you'll lose a lot of top speed, too little and you'll lose a lot of handling in the turns.

Only some N/A motors can be turbo tuned, otherwise you'll get a very annoying UFO sound when you hit the gas. There's plenty of motors in this game, so I'll leave the choice up to you.

The weight of the car has to be balanced with the hp of the car (done by switching the you hybrid's chassis). With high hp cars: too light and you'll lose stability in the turns and be very prone to spinning out, too heavy and you'll lose cornering speed. Plenty of chassis to choose from, tho, so I'll leave it for you to choose.

I wouldn't bother with displacement. In cars other than the ones that have displacement as an option, using a displacement tune will put the hp of your hybrid in the 1,000hp and up range.

Good Luck :D

Your car, your build: There's no set standard to hybrid building.

So, basically you would be making Mid engine car with an AWD drivetrain. It can be done, just a matter of taking a mid-engine car and switching the drivetrain to AWD, then switching the body of the car to an RX7 RS-R, as an example. Basically it would be, emample: Yellow MR2 with a lancer AWD system and a RX7 RS-R body.

Downforce can be adjusted a lot higher than the Escudo: The max downforce with no codes is 78 front and 99 rear, I believe. With codes the max is 255 front and rear, it's just a matter of adjusting the downforce to what you feel is necessary for your car. Too much downforce and you'll lose a lot of top speed, too little and you'll lose a lot of handling in the turns.

Only some N/A motors can be turbo tuned, otherwise you'll get a very annoying UFO sound when you hit the gas. There's plenty of motors in this game, so I'll leave the choice up to you.

The weight of the car has to be balanced with the hp of the car (done by switching the you hybrid's chassis). With high hp cars: too light and you'll lose stability in the turns and be very prone to spinning out, too heavy and you'll lose cornering speed. Plenty of chassis to choose from, tho, so I'll leave it for you to choose.

I wouldn't bother with displacement. In cars other than the ones that have displacement as an option, using a displacement tune will put the hp of your hybrid in the 1,000hp and up range.

Good Luck :D
Bump!

The downforce for Front & Rear are 255, meaning that's the max they go by. I did try this, and you need 1,000HP car to use such aerodynamics.

Bump!

The downforce for Front & Rear are 255, meaning that's the max they go by. I did try this, and you need 1,000HP car to use such aerodynamics.

Indeed, pretty much anything under 800 hp will have horrible top speed if using the max downforce setting. I have a few downforce settings posted in my GT3 hybrids thread that I've been using since gran turismo 2, they're pretty decent for getting a good balance between handling and top speed, for specific horsepower lv's.

Sorry for the bump

NSX (Mid-Engine - AWD)

Decided to test your build Drift Bunny. It's interesting, the only issue that I believe you'll come across is understeer, but you should be able to tune around it.

Back