Initial Slide's put up or shut up

United States
Memphis
blindfoxecho
I dont expect this to get alot of attention but, if your like me youve been in "drift comps" I cant help but feel like theres a level of favoritisim in the judging. Im not saying this because ive never won, ive won some and lost some. But wouldnt it be nice if there was a way to cut out the judge and you know the second you win or lose??

Initial Slide will be hosting a touge drift battle event every friday, this is a very simple concept if youve ever seen Initial D. Races will be conduced by 2 drivers, and it will be a "run what you brung" event. Racers will do what it takes to maintain the lead or gain the lead (in a professional manner of course) you will also be restricted to comfort hard tires. Drivers will run the course at night point every event, doing whatever it takes to have an edge over the other driver and first to cross the finish line wins. Simple concept.

Hope to get some positive feed back on this or even ideas to make this event a little more intresting. Hope to see you at the event:gtpflag:

Last edited:
:lol: Sorry bud you came to the wrong place. You won't find many people joining with a name like "Put up or shut up." Lets try a different approach, shall we?

You're going to do legit touge or drift races...? And before anyone says it, it's not the same thing.

You're going to do legit touge or drift races...? And before anyone says it, it's not the same thing.

I agree its not the same thing, and a little of both to answer your question. No matter how you look at it your going to get a little sideways on ch. The object here is to bring people into a competitive atmosphere but without the judging and arguing that always ends up happening with drift comps, just laid back fun a chance for anyone to come learn a thing or two or teach a thing or two. Catch my drift?

I agree its not the same thing, and a little of both to answer your question. No matter how you look at it your going to get a little sideways on ch. The object here is to bring people into a competitive atmosphere but without the judging and arguing that always ends up happening with drift comps, just laid back fun a chance for anyone to come learn a thing or two or teach a thing or two. Catch my drift?

This is probably the wrong place, but is there a "how to touge" area on here? and if not then I am more than interested in this as I keep hearing about it more and more lately and would like to learn. If there is not a forum about this could you point me in the right direction...Thanks

This is probably the wrong place, but is there a "how to touge" area on here? and if not then I am more than interested in this as I keep hearing about it more and more lately and would like to learn. If there is not a forum about this could you point me in the right direction...Thanks

The best thing I can say is RedSuns are into touge big time apparently, get with one of those guys and im sure theyd be happy to show you the ropes. Me on the other hand what I think I know about touge could be completely false, the style of drift we are shooting for is old school downhill style Like what youd see in option videos ( really close tandems on extremely tight courses)

The best thing I can say is RedSuns are into touge big time apparently, get with one of those guys and im sure theyd be happy to show you the ropes. Me on the other hand what I think I know about touge could be completely false, the style of drift we are shooting for is old school downhill style Like what youd see in option videos ( really close tandems on extremely tight courses)

Will do, thanks:tup:

you should also make a BHP limit something like 250BHP or else people will come with 700BHP supra and it takes the fun out of it.
and watch this vid so you'll see it's something like this ur not supposed to pass your opponent but to stick behind him, if he at the end got away from you you lose and if you are behind him within like 6 meters you've won.
and than you switch places and do it again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGYGSqGz3gM

AE86 Loveee<33 no other car can beat it:D

Oh, and im in by the way.
gotta show these derps that a 200HP AE86 can beat a 300hp skyline on downhill touge;)

"These derps" You make me laugh.. :lol:

I'm in, but lower BHP should be the key here. FR/AWD/MR/FF JDM Touge fun 👍

im actually down for this. would it be possible to change the tires to CM i think that is better suited for touge racing on this game. the CH slide just a little to much lol.

im actually down for this. would it be possible to change the tires to CM i think that is better suited for touge racing on this game. the CH slide just a little to much lol.

Agreed, I'm still not sure if this is drift racing or touge. If it's touge, a 200-300 hp limit would be great. You would also have to put a Power Limiter..limit as well. Been watching a lot of Hot Version lately and I'm pumped haha :lol:

Agreed, I'm still not sure if this is drift racing or touge. If it's touge, a 200-300 hp limit would be great. You would also have to put a Power Limiter..limit as well. Been watching a lot of Hot Version lately and I'm pumped haha :lol:

if i watch to much hot version i may get the urge to go back to the scca lol. im done spending money on my car until i save up for my swap

Likin where this is going, I really didnt expect this to get any attention. Room will be open this friday labeled- IS-touge drift battle. come out and get your jdm on and well see how it goes!

Well u should give us more info because or you can do a touge race or mountain drifting and these 2 things are very different, i'd say a touge race like in initial D with 250bhp limit and everybody used sport hard tires

Sports hard would be to much for a good rouge battle IMO. The highest I would say is CS but even that is a stretch. As for power 300 is a good round number being some stock cars slightly modded hit 300 easy ie EVOs, WRXs, GTRs and such. Just a suggestion. I would love to see a nice Miata battle :)

This is gonna be baaadd (as in good). I'm in Aus so if one of you could add me, it'd be great because i can join when ever im on

Back