inkscape pattern not showing right in game

• Thread starter bigeasynz
  • 5 comments
New Zealand
New Zealand
Hi guys , so some of you know me as bigeasynz some don't, i need a little help with a inkscape svg to gt7 transfer. ive made thousands f decals but today i made a pattern in inkscape using one leaf to make many. now i know how to do that easily. But when i save as either inkscape SVG or Optimised SVG it goes up on the GT7 website just fine, But in the games showcase to go and share it the decal is just a black square. ANyone know how to get around this ?

I don't think SVG <pattern> is supported by the game is it?

I could be wrong, I've not tried it in 7.

edit: Yeah, I get a similar result as you, I don't think it's a supported tag.

Last edited:
Ask Ed (@BLiTZ) - didn't he make the fantastic high res carbon fibre pattern? Maybe he has tips.

I have made a few patterns too but nothing big, I had to repeat the pattern in-game to get it how I wanted. See here(this was GTS a few years back though). So the only tip I have is make the pattern small and then repeat it in-game. Not a great tip but a tip nonetheless.

(Maybe I'm answering something not related to the question too, sorry if that's the case :D)

Ask Ed (@BLiTZ) - didn't he make the fantastic high res carbon fibre pattern? Maybe he has tips.

I have made a few patterns too but nothing big, I had to repeat the pattern in-game to get it how I wanted. See here(this was GTS a few years back though). So the only tip I have is make the pattern small and then repeat it in-game. Not a great tip but a tip nonetheless.

(Maybe I'm answering something not related to the question too, sorry if that's the case :D)

'Pattern' in SVG allows you define a path, and then have it repeat within the viewbox (i.e. the image). Handy for making decals to cover bigger areas with a repeating pattern whilst staying within the 15kb limit. But - seemingly - not supported in the game.

Blitz's CF pattern, IIRC, used the 'repeat' spread method of linear gradients to achieve it's effect.

'Pattern' in SVG allows you define a path, and then have it repeat within the viewbox (i.e. the image). Handy for making decals to cover bigger areas with a repeating pattern whilst staying within the 15kb limit. But - seemingly - not supported in the game.

Blitz's CF pattern, IIRC, used the 'repeat' spread method of linear gradients to achieve it's effect.
I see, some feature I've never touched and probably never will since I use another app than Inkscape then.
Interesting nonetheless :) Too bad it's not supported then!

Correct, I tried numerous methods, and a repeated gradient gave the best results. The most effective (if GT7 supported it) would have been a dashed stroke or a pattern but alas no. For even better results on things like rear wings I've started making my own CF using a series of lines but then have to break the file up to 6 layers or so.

Back