• Thread starter DTM
  • 10 comments

DTM

Premium
Netherlands
Netherlands
GTP_DTM
X What?

I’ve got an idea for the problem of punters who are running with us. For the last two weeks there are a lot of punters on the Nissan Skyline 600PP AWD at Fuji. They can see the time window that we are running. So I thought, why don’t we put down the time window here when we have problems like this. Only the registry members can see the time window, so no interference from punters. This doesn’t mean we only have to race with registry members. If you want to give a good, clean and fair driver the log in times that won’t be a problem. (don't give the password off course) As long as they obey the event and race rules.

How it works:

The host of the race thread (that is posted in the public area, like always) post the log in window in this thread and then post the link of his log in time window post in the opening post of the Race Event thread. The moment you click on the link, you must enter the password, all the registry members was giving by the administrator or moderator.

I hope it works and the administrator or moderator, don’t have a problem with this solution.

This sounds mighty good... wonder why we never thought of it before :lol:

Excellent idea Room. Funny with what coincidence you speak my mind here. I had thought to myself this exact morning about choosing other odd times and moving this raceevent, but gave up on the idea as I remembered there's a lot of clean racers out there from other or no forums who should be able to take part.... like your solution.
Hope this works, are we trying this out tonight?

great idea mate. It's worth trying.
or maybe it's a idea to change times every week.
i mean crazy times like 07 22 37 52
and a week later 09 24 39 54 etc.
u can't avoid the rest of the world while it's still the prologue version
i hope this issue is solved when the real GT5 is in the stores

Dont think this is going to solve the punting problem to be honest. I think alot of punters dont bother viewing here to find the race times, to punt us.

I also enjoy racing with alot of other forum guys. GTRP, PureGT etc, browse here to join in the action aswell.

Maybe we can try it as a test run, but I think the punters join at random, then act on wrecking the race.

I'm sooooooooo keen on some nice races now.... when's the test run? :sly:

Btw Jack, agreed, had the same concern at first. But maybe Rooms idea with sharing the times with other clean racers works to get a nice full grid!? Just thinking....

I think we should use this one for the M3 event. Cos it ain't a pleasure to race there anymore.

I think it's worth a try. Let me know when it happens 👍

EDIT
Just had a death threat from SAN -11-
Apparently he's going to shoot me and my mother in three days.

The sooner the better Roomboter!

Last edited:
I think it's worth a try. Let me know when it happens 👍

EDIT
Just had a death threat from SAN -11-
Apparently he's going to shoot me and my mother in three days.

The sooner the better Roomboter!

Death threat, wishing mothers die of cancer.... I wonder what kind of life some people live.... zees.
Anyways, so far no action undertaken. Since the event is dead atm anyways we'll see how things develope. Then again, on top of the demo Christmas is coming up and then the update is around the corner. Wonder if anything much ever happens in this event....

Dont think this is going to solve the punting problem to be honest. I think alot of punters dont bother viewing here to find the race times, to punt us.

I also enjoy racing with alot of other forum guys. GTRP, PureGT etc, browse here to join in the action aswell.

Maybe we can try it as a test run, but I think the punters join at random, then act on wrecking the race.

Hey Jack. Sometimes it's funny to read older posts. Back then I agreed to your concerns! How things change! Maybe you agree today to the fact that the bloddy punters have stepped up the ladder. By now the blacklist is full of "professional" punters who DEFINITELY check the schedules, they even seem to have favorite events :lol:. But at the bottom line you're right again, it won't help, just the reason is different: event is prob dead :guilty:. But it was one of the better ones overall, plenty good races with real regulars! 👍

Back