Inner rear tire lifting, show your pics

• Thread starter tinram
  • 26 comments
GTP_paltik
I was not able to this in past GTs, now i can :). This mimics what my car does on tight turns.
Let's see your shots of your GT6 car doing this.

Just to be clear this happens in a turn due body weight transfer and not because of something uneven on track.

11313337036_733f203866_b.jpg

11313413703_054e59600b_b.jpg

How did you do that? I have a Celica 99 and I havent been able to get the wheel to lift off...
Did you run any specific tires and suspension?

Basically similar suspension setup as my AutoX car in IRL.

- generally softer suspension than you normally setup ( Softer in front, harder in the back - to promote over steer )
- not too low on the suspension height, this allows for body weight transfer.
- Very soft anti roll bar in the front, in fact most folks in my class in autox remove the front anti roll bars in EG6s.
- Very hard anti roll bar setting in the rear
- Sticky tires help.

Then drive like a hooligan, not really. The car should turn better specially at high speeds.

MMX
You are correct sir, and thanks. :)

Took me several attempts to get what I thought was the best lift.

Well worth it, I like that photo a lot. Very dramatic. The blur effect makes it feel out of control, like it's about to start spinning, but I know that you made it around that corner... I love it.

Do you guys think that this setup actually allows your FWD cars to turn better?

I noticed that it does specially on higher speed corners, I'm wondering if you guys noticed the same thing.

yeah, it seemed to turn in pretty well, but i did have sticky racing tyres on. St's have a fat ass, and i figured id need as much grip on the front as poss to get the inside corner in the air. tried it on sports on the same track and it was having none of it.

I haven't really pluck any money on any FWD yet aside from that FIT with adjustable suspension to compare...normally I'd run them lower. In GT5 a while ago I noticed you actually get faster running stiffer front spring to match the weight distribution of the car, I can't get the car to dive enough if I do this to get the wheel to lift...

I still think its too hard to get this to happen in GT6...my car IRL I just slap on a big rear bar and I can do that easily in even stready state corner...

I still think its too hard to get this to happen in GT6...my car IRL I just slap on a big rear bar and I can do that easily in even stready state corner...

If my car weren't AWD, I probably could, too. But, lifting a driven wheel off of the ground is terrible.

Anyways, loving the pictures. Keep them coming. Once ITCC gets up and running, I'm sure we'll see plenty, we all use that setup above.

This is on sport medium tyres. I found that it helps (on this car at least) to add a little bit of weight to the front, to give it more grip during braking and cornering.

Uc6sFKVYCa1PxoHwu_0.jpg

Back