Input for tyres used online with gripreduction set to "real". Rain/intermidiates

  • Thread starter Thread starter Denilson
  • 11 comments
  • 1,074 views

Denilson

::::: PURE :::::
Premium
Messages
4,881
Sweden
Stockholm
Messages
chorda / GTP_chorda
Well, have anyone done online races in the wet with grip reduction set to "real"?

And if so, what are your conclutions about wet conditions?

In offline, or grip reduction set to "low" I can't see any reason to use anything else then the Racing H/M/S.. Cause theye are simply faster.
But how about online with gripreduction set to "real"?

Maybe a online q, but I think that the q is general..
 
Anyone?
 
Haven't raced online yet so I can't help you out.
 
Yea grip reduction makes the non tarmac parts of the track, more slippery, most commonly the edges. Its a pretty simple simple concept.

I think for wet you use racing rain or intermediates, they provide the most grip, nothing changes in this regard.

The only thing I dont know is if sports soft has better grip around the edges of the track than racing soft etc.
 
Yea grip reduction makes the non tarmac parts of the track, more slippery, most commonly the edges. Its a pretty simple simple concept.

I think for wet you use racing rain or intermediates, they provide the most grip, nothing changes in this regard.

The only thing I dont know is if sports soft has better grip around the edges of the track than racing soft etc.

Well, my problem is that I'm fatser in rain, online and offline with Racing Softs... Why?
 
maybe your playing in light rain? afaik racing wets aregood for heay rain
 
Well, my problem is that I'm fatser in rain, online and offline with Racing Softs... Why?

If the grip level is set to 'real' rather than 'low' and it just starts to rain, for the first few minutes, you'll be OK with Racing or Sport tires. After its been raining for a few minutes, it's extremely difficult to use sport tires. And almost impossible to use Racing Tires. You would have to switch to Racing Rain or Racing Intermediate (or go back to comfort soft, for example, in the case of Sport Tires). At least online.
 
There was a WLR test last night with RM Elises... the organiser set us up on Suzuka Wet.

I didn't bother changing the tyres from slicks and set off on Free Run. How I laughed (not) as my car gently aquaplaned from the pit lane exit to the wall on the other side of the straight. Setting off was nearly impossible and you could feel the aquaplane building up.

Into the pits and onto cut wets... a vast improvement. Still 20s (or thereabouts) off the dry pace we set later on, but I can answer the OP by saying that online wet racing with Real grip is tough work. VERY tough work!
 
If the grip level is set to 'real' rather than 'low' and it just starts to rain, for the first few minutes, you'll be OK with Racing or Sport tires. After its been raining for a few minutes, it's extremely difficult to use sport tires. And almost impossible to use Racing Tires. You would have to switch to Racing Rain or Racing Intermediate (or go back to comfort soft, for example, in the case of Sport Tires). At least online.

confirming this post. You definitely have to use rain tires in the rain when grip reduction is set to real.
 
my experience is that the settings the OP mention only after off track conditions and that online traction is less than offline. Rain traction varies depending on the track and intensy/time of rain and while sometimes it seems the AI can run slicks on a wet track, I think the game is saying traction is compromised and humans must run inters/rains to feel like they have grip.
 
With "Grip reduction when off track/wet track conditions" set to "Real", you WILL NOT be able to drive on slicks.
 
Quick comment:
your tires will pick up dirt when they go off track, it takes about 1.5 seconds for the dirt to clean off.. good way to see this is to follow an open wheel car (Toyota 7)...
So, I assume you not only lose traction while off track, but for an additional, small, amount of time afterwards...or it could just be a nifty graphical addition..
 
Back