Inrerior View Bug?

• Thread starter X--Ace--X
  • 15 comments
United States
North Carolina
X--Ace--X
I appreciate the standards having interior views as im sure most of you do. It seems that all cars with an open top have interiors that function fantastically (Prowler) and all cars with a closed top just have black interiors. I dont have a problem with that it works fine but it seems that sitting in some of these cars you would be able to see SOME of the hood and front body panels, especially in things like the Team ORECA Viper. But if you get into it it just has nothing as though the car stops at the firewall. It feels like the worlds fastest VW Minibus. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

Thanks guys.

At OP

This was totally intentional on PD's part, hence the uproar over it. However, it was noted before AND after the patch was released by several posts from PD directly.

@SkierPS3 Why bother posting if you don't even answer the question?- It is not a bug, all standards have "blacked out" interiors because if PD tried to make a realistic and nice interior it would be a premium car. ;)

I think PD just added a silhouette over the bumper cam I think, explains why the hood and other things aren't there.

Yh, like Vitzio said, its like they added a black mask over the bumper cam except for open top cars. This is annoying in a way :indiff:

The Mask over the bumper cam explains it. I really appreciate the info, I know on a lot of cars you wouldnt see any of the front panels like many LM cars, but on cars with huge noses you would and I wanted to make sure I wasnt effing crazy, appreciate it guys.

Upon close inspection this evening when going from bumper cam to the interior view when the black mask appears the camera position moves up and back to simulate the position of the drivers head, and a roll-cage is represented when you look behind you, would it be so hard to implement a generic dash, steering wheel and cage palette just to humor me? lol

I think PD just added a silhouette over the bumper cam I think, explains why the hood and other things aren't there.

Seems higher up than bumper cam. I'm sure the did just throw in a silhouette over the screen but I think they raised the level of the screen a bit too.

As do I I really dont think a generic interior would be too much to ask for. Hell the gauges dont even have to work just make me feel like im in something other than a 200 mph minibus.

It's not a bug, just the decision they went with. Cockpit view really isn't sufficient for the intense competitive racing this game is all about. It's just a cool view to enjoy leisurely.

The funnest view has to be looking out the back of the Plymouth Superbird... I'm assuming most of you know what i'm talking about here.

Back