Inserting quotes into edits

• Thread starter Woodybobs
  • 3 comments
Ireland
Ireland
I double posted recently with an explanation that I couldn't figure out how to add quotes to an edit. A mod said it's the same as posting in a reply window but I still can't find the insert quotes option in the edit window. Presumably I'm having a brainfart moment. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing as I would like to be able to use this feature in future. I'm on mobile, if that makes a difference.

I double posted recently with an explanation that I couldn't figure out how to add quotes to an edit. A mod said it's the same as posting in a reply window but I still can't find the insert quotes option in the edit window. Presumably I'm having a brainfart moment. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing as I would like to be able to use this feature in future. I'm on mobile, if that makes a difference.
Copy what's in the reply box.
Click Edit on the previous post.
Click at the end of the text you've already got.
Paste.

Beware that people you've quoted will not get a notification of a response if you have edited a post. If you're in the situation where you might end up double-posting, you should use the Multiquote feature instead.

Thanks @Famine. Regarding the last point, the quote I wished to insert was posted as I was replying to others.
As a response is posted it should update the thread with a "New posts have been made" notification. Also, "preview" is particularly helpful as it will not only show you what your post will look like but refresh the page too.

Back