Inserting words in text goes wrong (Android)

Belgium
Belgium
Hi! When I am typing a message and want to insert/change a word, the text that follows gets messed up. To show the problem, I copy this text and insert a sentence to show what I get:

Hi! I am typiInserting Whentext here.ng a messege and want to insert/change a word, the text that follows gets messed up.

So I inserted "inserting text here" and this is what I get....

I got it on 2 different Android devices, so I guess I'm not the only one?

I've had that issue on more than one Android device over the last few years.

It seems to come and go, it will be alright for months and then occasionally reoccur.

It has only ever happened on gtplanet.

When the issue is present, the space bar also causes strange strings of text to appear. That will normally be a few letters from a word that was typed within the last few words.

All kinds of weird letters will appear when clicking on word suggestions at the top of the keyboard here: _20190823_115003.JPG

I think I've spotted vague correlation with being in areas with poor mobile reception when these problems arise. Although it tends to be a constant problem for a few weeks at a time even if I'm moving around different areas.

I've had that issue on more than one Android device over the last few years.

It seems to come and go, it will be alright for months and then occasionally reoccur.

It has only ever happened on gtplanet.

When the issue is present, the space bar also causes strange strings of text to appear. That will normally be a few letters from a word that was typed within the last few words.

All kinds of weird letters will appear when clicking on word suggestions at the top of the keyboard here:View attachment 845447

I think I've spotted vague correlation with being in areas with poor mobile reception when these problems arise. Although it tends to be a constant problem for a few weeks at a time even if I'm moving around different areas.

Don't think mobile reception has anything to do with it. I always got it.

What I did noticed when making the post is that it's better when you insert something in a copied text. Only one or two letters get switched then. :crazy:

Turn off your predictive text and see it it still happens.

I occasionally got a similar problem and it was usually after the the keyboard app had updated itself. A Chrome update also sometimes gives grief. It can disappear after the next patch.

To fix the keyboard problem I uninstalled the app updates and reverted back to the default. It works perfectly fine now - I don't need any of the latest features, just a keyboard. I also switched off the auto update feature so I'm in control of what gets "improved" now.

Back