Instagram links not working?

• Thread starter Voodoovaj
  • 5 comments
Canada
London, Ontario
voodoovaj
Looks like you're posting to the page the image is on, not the image itself.

TB
Looks like you're posting to the page the image is on, not the image itself.
Isnt that how it always worked? Using chrome, no option comes up to copy the image URL. Although, I'm sure you can find it if you want to sit and look through the source info page if you have the patience.

Isnt that how it always worked? Using chrome, no option comes up to copy the image URL. Although, I'm sure you can find it if you want to sit and look through the source info page if you have the patience.

That's what I thought too. When I posted from my phone, all I did was post the url. I check the thread where Jordan mentioned the instagram feature, and it says to just post the url.

I fixed it manually by typing (square bracket) MEDIA=instagram(squarebracket) the file sting from inside the url then closing the MEDIA string. Seem cumbersome to have to do it manually though.

Last edited:
If you're using chrome, here's an easy workaround: right-click the pic on instagram and choose "Inspect Element". The image URL comes up in the console frame. Right click and copy it. Proceed with IMG tags as normal.

I think I know what caused this and have tweaked a few things. The Instagram pictures in some of your most recent posts there are showing up for me; did that fix it for you?

You can just copy/paste the URL of the Instagram page in your browser to embed the image:

Back