Install Issues..Please Help!

  • Thread starter Thread starter ckenaan
  • 10 comments
  • 911 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
7
Hello everyone!

I have been having issues with the GT-5 install. This has happened 4 times. The install says 20 mins remaining... skips on down to 5 mins remaining... all the way down to 1 secs remaining... and I let it sit there for over 5 hours on 2 different tries. the other two were over 2 hours each... 👎

But get this.. Now my PS3 HD is saying its full!!! 🤬 I think the damn game downloaded 8GB X 4 DL's. But the damn thing wont install. :grumpy:

I dont know why this is happening. But heres some background info.. I first brought home the game.. I popped it in and had no install time and I Played the game for a good few hours.. and the same the next day.. But then after reading about everyone and the install time, I was also wondering why the Community section wasnt lit up and accessable. I discovered that my little brother had unplugged my ethernet! :crazy: So I plugged it in, and thats when this install thing is giving me an issue.. Is it possible that the install is corrupting because I already had a saved game file??? :confused:
I hope you guys can help.. and Thanks in advance.. :cheers:
Chris
 
Last edited:
That sucks.
The install for me took a really long time, nearly 3 hours. So during the install the ethernet cable was plugged out during the full install? that shouldn't be a problem. You can't see the corrupted files to delete them?
 
delete your game data (not save game), start the game without installing, go into options, and there is also an option to install. If you already tried this or it doesn't work, let GT do the installs during your gameplay
 
That sucks.
The install for me took a really long time, nearly 3 hours. So during the install the ethernet cable was plugged out during the full install? that shouldn't be a problem. You can't see the corrupted files to delete them?

The ethernet has to be plugged in to DL the install.. But the first time playing my ethernet was disconnected; therefore, no install time/community. I plugged the ethernet back in and now im not sure if my saved file is whats causing the install to not run correctly..

delete your game data (not save game), start the game without installing, go into options, and there is also an option to install. If you already tried this or it doesn't work, let GT do the installs during your gameplay

I am going to attempt to delete the game data after work.. I didnt know where to locate it on the XMB until a friend told me its under the game section.. I am hoping this will work and i wont have to format the HD. 👎 :crazy:
What do you mean by let GT do the installs during your gameplay?

Could somebody jump on their PS3 and see if the game data is available under the game section on the XMB -- and are you able to edit/copy/delete it? DONT, but just see if theres an option to do so... TIA and your help is greatly appreciated.
 
BUMP!


Could somebody jump on their PS3 and see if the game data is available under the game section on the XMB -- and are you able to edit/copy/delete it? DONT, but just see if theres an option to do so... TIA and your help is greatly appreciated.

TIA!!!
 
UPDATE: I was able to resolve the issue by deleting the corrupt game file (not the save game file) in the game section in the XMB. I re installed the game to completion. My garage and saves were still in tact. The install and old game data merged almost flawlessly; unfortunately, I did lose my pre-order stealth cars.. but at least i have all my progress through the game still.
 
UPDATE: I was able to resolve the issue by deleting the corrupt game file (not the save game file) in the game section in the XMB. I re installed the game to completion. My garage and saves were still in tact. The install and old game data merged almost flawlessly; unfortunately, I did lose my pre-order stealth cars.. but at least i have all my progress through the game still.

Those you can re-download from the Playstation store, they should be on your download list.

Just for future reference, please do not BUMP thread, its not something that is liked here at GT Planet and constant bumps will result in moderation action being taken.


Regards

Scaff
 
UPDATE: I was able to resolve the issue by deleting the corrupt game file (not the save game file) in the game section in the XMB. I re installed the game to completion. My garage and saves were still in tact. The install and old game data merged almost flawlessly; unfortunately, I did lose my pre-order stealth cars.. but at least i have all my progress through the game still.

Excellent! glad to hear it worked out.
 
Thanks dominic! :cheers:

Thanks for the PS Store DL tip, Scaff.. but seriously, "moderation action"? :scared: haaa.. You don't want me to bump because its something you dont like?

I was looking for help, I thought that's what these online forums are for!?! 💡
 
Thanks dominic! :cheers:

Thanks for the PS Store DL tip, Scaff.. but seriously, "moderation action"? :scared: haaa.. You don't want me to bump because its something you dont like?

I was looking for help, I thought that's what these online forums are for!?! 💡

No I don't want you to bump because its something the site owner doesn't like and given that he provides the forums you found so useful it would be considered polite by most people to follow his house rules.

I could after all of made it an official warning, however as I had some info to post for you I thought I would just give you a polite heads-up with regard to that particular site policy. Next time I will remember to take the formal approach.

So how about you cut the attitude.


Thanks

Scaff
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back