Install Sound System in your cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kenkwilinski
  • 12 comments
  • 852 views
Messages
1,870
United States
Chicago
Messages
CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83
I was just wondering if anyone thought it would be cool if PD upgraded all the cars with FM radios & disc players. Kind of like GTA Liberty City. The game would install several songs depending on your region. It would allow you to change channels in race mode or free roam. Also if you installed your own music collection you would be able to access it like a multi-disc changer. I think it would be simple and cool. Something to talk about in a Lobby. Hey what you jammin to? Or your in free roam and a '62 Buick Special pulls next to you bumping. I think it would add something else to the game. After all it is the real driving simulator and IRL you are usually jammn' out!
 
I find other things important to add, since you have the option to add your own music to GT5's play list.
 
Oh for sure, it just sucks when you play online that your music disappears. But by this way I was thinking you can change channels (maybe regional radio stations) & impliment your own music at will. How many times do you really want to listen to the same GT5 music? I'm just making this suggestion because it is something we do everyday IRL when we drive our vehicles. But yes you are also right that it's not the most important and PD should definitely use their resources at this time to further develope the game. I was just wondering if anyone else thought that this would be a cool idea for the future of GT.
 
You can already play music while you race, so there's not need for the whole radio thing. As for free roam, I don't care about it. I bought a racing game to race, not to cruise.

How many times do you really want to listen to the same GT5 music?

You know you can add your own music to the game, right?
 
I was just wondering if anyone thought it would be cool if PD upgraded all the cars with FM radios & disc players. Kind of like GTA Liberty City. The game would install several songs depending on your region. It would allow you to change channels in race mode or free roam. Also if you installed your own music collection you would be able to access it like a multi-disc changer. I think it would be simple and cool. Something to talk about in a Lobby. Hey what you jammin to? Or your in free roam and a '62 Buick Special pulls next to you bumping. I think it would add something else to the game. After all it is the real driving simulator and IRL you are usually jammn' out!

I've actually thought about this before but I don't think it would be a good idea at all. This is a racing game and I think having the option to install a sound system into your car will make this a different type of genre and take away from the whole racing experience. I think that it would be cool if PD put some show cars into the game which have sound systems and you would be able to turn them on but nothing more than that IMO.
 
Wow nm I was just suggesting something and Vitzio, when you play online does your own music play in-race or in free-roam? Because mine doesn't. And when I say Free-Roam, I am suggesting the time in-between races when you do a quali lap or in your lounge practicing for a series. (No cruisin' - I do enough slow driving IRL man, I live in Chicago where there is nothing but cruisin on your way to and from work )And yes I have my own music installed on my PS3 & it only plays when I do offline crap, which I don't care for. BTW I'm lvl 39 A & 40 B. Man, this not what I wanted from this thread.

And all though it is a racing game, PD title's it a Driving Simulator. Simulated Driving as in Manual Trans, Head lights, etc....So where's the radio. I mean 700+ cars are Street Cars and nothing more, those IRL have radios. And I don't mean to go to GTAuto & install a system. I just mean that a radio should be standard in all cars, probably not race cars.
 
Wow nm I was just suggesting something and Vitzio, when you play online does your own music play in-race or in free-roam? Because mine doesn't. And when I say Free-Roam, I am suggesting the time in-between races when you do a quali lap or in your lounge practicing for a series. (No cruisin' - I do enough slow driving IRL man, I live in Chicago where there is nothing but cruisin on your way to and from work )And yes I have my own music installed on my PS3 & it only plays when I do offline crap, which I don't care for. BTW I'm lvl 39 A & 40 B. Man, this not what I wanted from this thread.

And all though it is a racing game, PD title's it a Driving Simulator. Simulated Driving as in Manual Trans, Head lights, etc....So where's the radio. I mean 700+ cars are Street Cars and nothing more, those IRL have radios. And I don't mean to go to GTAuto & install a system. I just mean that a radio should be standard in all cars, probably not race cars.

Just my two cents on the idea man. :)
 
Yes thanks for your input Crazed Coupes. I'm just looking for something more to do in the car n with the cars. Like I wish u could custom paint too. But that's a different topic.
 
I was just wondering if anyone thought it would be cool if PD upgraded all the cars with FM radios & disc players. ... '62 Buick Special pulls next to you bumping. I think it would add something else to the game.

No, that would be very annoying. Similar to the sound of yelling/crying kids in the background over voice chat.

You want music? Turn on your own radio. Don't mess with mine.
 
But, but... what about when I drift? I want to blow out ears!




jk :p
 
That would be awesome. People wouldn't need to play songs through the mic and disturb everyone. But than I'd like the game to have a good sound design so that you would be able to hear what the car beside is playing... yea, that's impossible by now... who knows in the future?
 
Back