Installing GT5. The cause of all the glitches?

  • Thread starter Thread starter HuskyGT
  • 11 comments
  • 3,477 views
Messages
4,089
United States
Utah
Hey, guys.

I know there is a glitch thread, but this is a different situation.

I´ve noticed that alot of people are having serius problems with the game like, sound that simply goes away, cars starting sidways, framerate issues, loading time problems, or simply the whole game freezing.

My concern is: Most of you guys have a new PS3 with alot of space on it, so I figure that you all have installed the game.

I´m wondering if there are some of you who haven´t installed the game, and are not experiencing any glitches at all?

I have a fat 40GB 4 year old PS3, and haven´t installed the game. I have absolutly no problems with framerate dropping, long loading times, or any of the glitches that others mention.

Am I the only one? Am I going to experience any of this problems when the game eventually installs the whole 8+ GB?

Thanks for your time guys:)
 
No difference here before and after install besides halved my load times.
 
I have a fat 40 gb and did install the game.No problems except the annoying shadows so far
 
I have a fat 80gb...installed it, and its fine. Eventually it frozen, but if a switch the network off...the game runs smooth and fast. Its a online traffic issue + software bugs the source of the glitching. Not the installation ...
 
Hey, guys.

I know there is a glitch thread, but this is a different situation.

I´ve noticed that alot of people are having serius problems with the game like, sound that simply goes away, cars starting sidways, framerate issues, loading time problems, or simply the whole game freezing.

My concern is: Most of you guys have a new PS3 with alot of space on it, so I figure that you all have installed the game.

I´m wondering if there are some of you who haven´t installed the game, and are not experiencing any glitches at all?

I have a fat 40GB 4 year old PS3, and haven´t installed the game. I have absolutly no problems with framerate dropping, long loading times, or any of the glitches that others mention.

Am I the only one? Am I going to experience any of this problems when the game eventually installs the whole 8+ GB?

Thanks for your time guys:)

Fat 80GB unit here with no issues in GT5 at all (touches wood).

going from weak memory...probably overkill on my part...but I suffer from OCD!

disconnected internet, started PS3.
Installed GT5 from disk. Then went to Options(?) and did the full install.
Exited GT5, shutoff PS3
Turned PS3 on, inserted GT5 and explored the game a bit.
Exited GT5, shutoff PS3.
Reconnected internet to PS3
Started PS3, waited for automatic PSN login (mine is set to auto-login)
inserted GT5, allowed Update 1.01 to DL and install
Exited GT5, shutoff PS3
Turned PS3 on and inserted GT5 to play the game!
the end...
(did the same for update 1.02)

I have not played as many hours as others but I have had not one single problem with GT5.
:)
 
Also fully installed, no problems. If anything reading from a Blu-ray disc is going to cause more issues due to the slow speed compared to reading from a HDD.
 
Installed on my 60gb launch PS3 with no problems whatsoever, and also installed on my 320gb Slim with no problems.
 
Here comes the award for stupid question of the year.

How do I go about doing the full install? I found it odd that i'd never seen the 10GB install people were talking about and have never come across an option to do it anywhere
 
Wait, what? Except for GT5 possibly YLOD'ing my launch 60gb PS3, I haven't had a single problem (on my brand new 160gb Slim with nothing installed other than GT5) since. Not one crash, not one strange glitch, except I think I saw the track disappear once for what must have been one frame because I hardly noticed, it happened in the blink of an eye.

stinger061, you have to go to the options section and at the bottom there's something called Utilities, I think. It asks you when you first start the game, and be aware that it says it'll take 14 minutes or so, but it really means 1 hour at least...
 
Found it just after posting but cheers :dunce:

Don't recall being asked when I first started up the game as I would definitely have done it at the time. Oh well I'll do it now
 
Here comes the award for stupid question of the year.

How do I go about doing the full install? I found it odd that i'd never seen the 10GB install people were talking about and have never come across an option to do it anywhere

iibc, you have to go to the in-game utilities. There should be an option there to install full game.

I see you post above! D'oh! never mind!
:)
 
Back