• 9 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
GTP_Banner.png

Intercontinental Spec Miata | Presented by Tire Rack
This thread best viewed in Dark Mode

Welcome to the Intercontinental Spec Miata Championship, presented by Tire Rack. This series will consist of six events across the globe over the course of eight weeks. A trip to Italy will get us under way, and the season will conclude at the world famous Tsukuba Circuit in Japan. For more information on this championship, see all details below. If you love racing cars with low power that focus on momentum, this is the series for you!

• Lobby will open at 7:00pm EST / 4:00pm PST
  • Practice/Qualifying will run for 20 minutes
  • 10 minute break between races
  • Events with two races will run with reverse grid for the second race.
  • The Laguna Seca endurance event will award double points.
  • All events will use a false check standing start.

Calendar.png

Note: The dynamic weather system will be utilized and based on current weather conditions at each track's real location. If it is raining at a circuit that does not offer rain in GT7, then the weather will be set to cloudy.
For this series we will utilize the '89 Mazda Eunos Roadster which can be found in the used car dealership. We'll run very few upgrades to the car itself, retaining low power figures. The video below will walk you through the parts that need to be purchased. I've also posted a suspension tuning example below which I will personally use during the season. The car handles good and is super playful with the stock differential.

1656655690326.png
All cars must start with the base livery, which you can modify based on the video below. If you have any questions regarding livery specifics, are not sure how to do something, or just simply need a livery created for you, do not hesitate to ask.

Correction on the video: To get to the livery template (Style) simply CLICK HERE and add it to your collection. (you must be on my friends list) Then in the "Load Style" screen, select "Collection" on the left.

1656656694029.png
1656658184497.png
To register for this series, copy/past the text below into a new reply and fill in your information:

PSN Name:
Car Number:

Last edited:
Any takers? I feel like the terrible lobbies when GT7 was released have put a sour taste on the whole online experience for people and its going to never recover. Am I wrong?

Any takers? I feel like the terrible lobbies when GT7 was released have put a sour taste on the whole online experience for people and its going to never recover. Am I wrong?
I hear a lot of people say that. Sure, it could be much better, but I think it's very good now. I'm in several leagues and run one of my own on Friday nights. We have a great time in all of them. It can only get better too.

The connection quality/stability in lobbies is still atrocious compared to GTS (and even worse than GT6) even though they’ve fixed the settings. I haven’t had a pleasant lobby experience yet, which is annoying since sport mode has run perfectly for me so far and the driving standards in the races I’ve been in have been a vast improvement from GTS so it kind of renders lobbies irrelevant at the moment unless it’s a particularly unconventional car and track combination. Definitely avoiding series at the moment, only doing the occasional one-off generally.

I’m probably giving the GT4 series one more chance and if it’s still a mess I’m not bothering with it anymore

Last edited:
The connection quality/stability in lobbies is still atrocious compared to GTS (and even worse than GT6) even though they’ve fixed the settings. I haven’t had a pleasant lobby experience yet, which is annoying since sport mode has run perfectly for me so far and the driving standards in the races I’ve been in have been a vast improvement from GTS so it kind of renders lobbies irrelevant at the moment unless it’s a particularly unconventional car and track combination. Definitely avoiding series at the moment, only doing the occasional one-off generally.

I’m probably giving the GT4 series one more chance and if it’s still a mess I’m not bothering with it anymore
I think GT7 private lobbies are dead before they've even really got started. I miss the days of having to run two rooms for my leagues because there were so many people participating...

If you all are just playing in public lobbies, it's gonna be a bad experience every time. Join a league for some quality racing. I've got one racing tonight.
billysniche.com/regionscup

Seeing as this doesn't have much of any interest, and that the GT7 lobbies are not exactly stable yet, we'll put this on hold for a bit. In the mean time it might just morph into something a little different with wide body mods and stickier tires. Pretty much this look:

1658862489055.png

I'll keep this thread updated and hopefully we can get started in a few months. I just hope PD significantly improves the servers and features so that league racing will become popular again. Right now it's completely dead.

I would join if I had any spare time, however, I feel your pain of trying to run a League that uses something other than GR3 or GR4, you just get no interest.

Back