Intercoolers and other questions?

  • Thread starter Thread starter T100
  • 19 comments
  • 1,036 views
Messages
344
Okay first off can anyone confirm if there is going to be intercooler graphics in the game, I would hope it would be on atleast the stock cars. Also there is a pic of the B-spec mode with what looks to be a fuel gauge in the upper right hand corner, So my question is will there be fuel in the A-spec mode, I know the game hasn't come out yet but maybe there is some news that I missed.
 
well not all intercoolers are front mount, so you wont see them anyways, and even some that are front mount are still not too visible.
 
Right but cars like the Evo V-VIII and SRT-4 all have very visable front mount intercoolers especially when you upgrade to a much better one :) and I just haven't seen anypics of them. It would really take away from realism if they weren't there.
 
i think i remeber seeing some pics of the EVO and srt4 and they both had intercoolers.....but they were quasi hidden by the mesh. Come to think of it maybe the skyline had some showing too in gt3??? Can someone confirm this?
 
Fuel seems to be in B-Spec mode, if you look at the screenshots... At a guess if it's there it'll be in A-Spec, maybe only in Enduro's???

Imagine remembering to check each cars fuel gauge before you enter any race, otherwise you might run out of petrol, now there's an idea... I don't see any reason that it can't remember a cars fuel level since it can remember it's mileage.
 
I think what he means is that when you purchase an intercooler kit on a car that doesn't come with one, will it show up when you look at the car? Assuming of course that it is a visible front-mount unit.

I hope so, because it's kind of lame buying parts for your car that don't do anything that they would in real life (visually, not performance-wise).

It's kind of wonky to buy a racing exhaust and see the tiny pin-hole muffler still hanging out back.
 
Next time, ask these kinds of questions in the thread at the top of the page called *Answers to all your GT4 Questions*. Just a little heads up.
 
T100
Right but cars like the Evo V-VIII have very visable front mount intercoolers and I just haven't seen anypics of them.
You can clearly see the intercoolers of all the Evos in GT3, GTC and GT4P as far as I can recall... What's all that fear about?


kinigitt
It's kind of wonky to buy a racing exhaust and see the tiny pin-hole muffler still hanging out back.
Not that important, but very true.
 
DiabolicalMask
You can clearly see the intercoolers of all the Evos in GT3, GTC and GT4P as far as I can recall... What's all that fear about?

Maybe he means on cars that don't come with intercoolers stock. Maybe all the intercoolers in the game will be side mount intercoolers not the FMIC (front mount intercooler) variety. :p
 
OoOoOo i wonder if they have sprayer kits for the intercooler! That'll be cool.
 
Sorry for not being clear but I did mean when you buy them. Just because it looks dumb when you can't see you upgrades.
 
T100
Sorry for not being clear but I did mean when you buy them. Just because it looks dumb when you can't see you upgrades.

Told you guys.

You all owe me a dollar.
 
I think like someone already said.......some (id go as far as saying MOST) intercoolers are not front mount. There are sidemount, vmount and some that are ontop of the engine (a la WRX (sti)). So i dont know....upgrading and not seeing anything could be very realistic.
 
Homer_SS
I think like someone already said.......some (id go as far as saying MOST) intercoolers are not front mount. There are sidemount, vmount and some that are ontop of the engine (a la WRX (sti)). So i dont know....upgrading and not seeing anything could be very realistic.

Front mount intercoolers are the most popular form of air to air, since there is more room in front of the motor than on top or on the side, and it is easier to cool with a big air intake pointing forward.

Most aftermarket kits are front-mount, so not seeing them there wouldn't be due to them not being visible, but because they simply aren't modelled.

Of course, I would hate to be responsible for modelling all sorts of different variations of parts for over 650 cars.
 
True but most tuners would much rather use the v-type because of less loss of boost presure from all that plumbing, especially when used with some sort of venting that gathers air from front bumper, sends it up and through cooler than out somesort of extractor on the hood. Works wonders. If im not mistaken the Sil-Eighties from Signal Auto use this format. But then not all cars have enough room in front of the engine and not efficient enough front bumpers for this.
 
FMIC's are sick. I personally would like to see them, but... MOST cars have to do some modification to make the intercooler work properly. It would be nice to see just a simple touring lip introduced that could open the mouth of the bumper... i dont know.

As to the other cars, (evo, SRT-4, GTR) I am 100% positive that the intercooler is there and looks great (not like the 2D crap one's GT3 had). You can watch the Replay of the EVO in the video section...
 
They should have at least made the appearence/performance mod fo the beetles! :P
BeetleFMIC.jpg
 
T100
Okay first off can anyone confirm if there is going to be intercooler graphics in the game, I would hope it would be on atleast the stock cars. Also there is a pic of the B-spec mode with what looks to be a fuel gauge in the upper right hand corner, So my question is will there be fuel in the A-spec mode, I know the game hasn't come out yet but maybe there is some news that I missed.
This is like the whole "Reversing Lights" issue. It's a pretty minor detail (though not as minor as the lights) but it's not going to be something that makes or breaks GT4 if it's in there or not.
 
Totally agree......
people are complaining too much about small details.
ENJOY THE GAME



(when it comes out)
 
Homer_SS
Totally agree......
people are complaining too much about small details.
ENJOY THE GAME



(when it comes out)


Oh I will... I will...

Then I'll be on GT5's ass after I'm done with 4.

hehe. Critisism can be good sometimes. The constructive kind.
 
Back