Interest and Opinions on methods for SUPER-GT Gr2 championship with "bop on" - but with ADDITIONAL balancing on top of "bop on/tuning prohibited"Open 

Croatia
Croatia
Hi everyone 🤝 my friends and I are doing our best to roll out new gr2 Championship - it has a few novelties and it would be great to see how it goes irl.

Overall goal is to be equally pro & rookie friendly.

Also with simplicity to just pick any gr2 car to "join and drive" - and allow drivers to freely change their car at any time.

But we all know that simply turning BoP on/Tuning prohibited just isn't enough! Not even close...
I mean, it will just steer everyone towards whatever is "meta car" for specific track. Entire grid will once again be cloned.

*One crude and tacked-on method (but a good one) is to stimulate every car change with EXTRA points.

But, I need your opinions on another method, more organic from within the game - let's try to squeeze as much as we can from one more possiblity ♥️

So, add your own impressions and opinions, please🙏
About these👇additional balancing rules of limiting max PP in lobby, while still keeping "tuning prohibited".

So, after turning on the "BoP on/Tuning prohibited" option, then on top of that we limit the max. amount of PP allowed in the lobby to 808 PP - and then not forget to turn OFF all set-up options EXCEPT the one for "Downforce".

Example of two different Group 2 cars:
  • Honda NSX'16 after turning on BoP (on RM tires) has 818.51PP
  • Honda NSX'08 after turning on BoP (on RM tires) has 804.92PP

Since we limited Max PP to 808, then it is necessary to correct the "Downforce" on the NSX'16 so that the front aero is (basically) completely reduced and the rear is completely raised - thus its PP (in bop conditions on RM tire) gets lowered from 818.51 to 807.15...

NSX '16 was reduced by 10.51PP
NSX '08 can add more by 3.08PP

(NSX'08 retains a very wide Aero set-up window, to better adapt to individual tracks.)

So, overall effect of this swing between these two cars is 13.59PP and it brings reasonable additional balancing between them❤️‍🩹

NSX '16 still remains one of top dogs, but no longer dominant. It would be fun to finally have them racing competitively, and those previously mentioned Bonus Points for every time driver changes his car, hopefully, bring about starting grids that look very exciting.

Hopefully!

Would anyone help us in refining these options and one step further, to join in practical competitive testing on track - LET'S RACE IT OUT🏆🏁

It would be so much joy and greatly appreciated
🥳♥️

Please let me know below about your opinions and interest

Last edited:
This is video recorded from first stage of testing:

Testing all 9 gr2 cars on SPA using that additional "trick" of limiting PP points in lobby as well as having "BoP on/Tuning prohibited" in an attempt to equalize the cars even better than only with bop.

So these were max sterile conditions for that reason. Done offline, no fuel or tire wear, no weather conditions.

This was on RS tire so max PP value was 818 - because the car with highest PP of all is Honda NSX '16 and the LOWEST PP you can get by devaluing it's front and rear aero is 817,xx

As said, I could really use anybody's input regarding this "additional balancing" idea in any form

Hi, i would be happy to help with testing. Send me your psn ID, and I will add you. It would be great to join the SGT series. It has been some time since I raced in these cars.

Here is results table from my testing at Spa... It was done at most sterile conditions possible - offline, no fuel or tire wear, no weather conditions. BoP on/tuning prohibited except for Aero! This was on RS tire so all cars are under limitation of 818PP - when using RM tires PP limit is set at 808

Attachments

• IMG_20240311_151313.jpg
    IMG_20240311_151313.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 7
Id happily help with bop plus would be great to join in on these races. Would pp limit change track dependent as i think that would be a great way to find the better tuners out of the group like say if u had a pp limit of between 808-809 it gives a little freedom for like small areo tweeks or suspension tweeks to only minimal ones but would lead to people doing different things which could still provide great racing just say u and a friend have the identical car but u tuned more for cornering and they tuned more for straight line it even out in that sense and if proven to meta that car could be pp restricted and tuning restricted

Last edited:
Id happily help with bop plus would be great to join in on these races. Would pp limit change track dependent as i think that would be a great way to find the better tuners out of the group like say if u had a pp limit of between 808-809 it gives a little freedom for like small areo tweeks or suspension tweeks to only minimal ones but would lead to people doing different things which could still provide great racing just say u and a friend have the identical car but u tuned more for cornering and they tuned more for straight line it even out in that sense and if proven to meta that car could be pp restricted and tuning restricted
Thank you, for deciding to offer a helping hand🤝 And definitely with how you argument your ideas, you already have a grasp of what is the main point here!

Now, in this opening phase everything is max simple.
If we were to use nothing else but BoP ON/Tuning prohibited, then "newest" cars (the three '16 models - NSX, GTR and Lexus) are clearly dominating over the rest. So, the way we arrived at value of 808pp - when limiting max PP to 808 (on RM tire) in lobby, is just by looking at "what is the lowest number we can pull towards with those '16 models on RM tire" by allowing ONLY AERO set-up to be adjusted.

At that 808PP value, they are no longer dominant - they are still top dogs, but no longer dominant. Because their front Aero has to be lowered all the way (almost) and rear has to be raised all the way in order to bring their PP under 808.

But all other cars, still have large area of adjusting their Aero... Now, as you suggest, current PP Limit might be raised above 808 if certain track shows the need for that 👍

And, also as you suggest, possibility of opening other (small, more manageable) tuning options 👍 - but we first need to truly establish competitiveness of these cars under these initial regulations - and then we can tell, more easily, if particular added tuning option served to make racing these cars even more competitive or not.

We have scheduled two test races this week:
On Thursday and on Friday at 21h (Central European Time)
On Suzuka, 40min, RM tire only, fuel and tire wear set at 2 (no need for any pit-stop)
You can use ANY gr2 car as long as you set Aero setting so to keep it under 808PP cap

If you're interested, please send me a friend request at psnid Josipu_Strasnom

Back