[Interest Check] 2-3 Hour Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter BlackIce90
  • 5 comments
  • 646 views
Messages
1,087
Canada
Toronto
Messages
BlackIce49
I have always been interested in endurance races, especially with a full 16 car grid. I would like to start a series that involves 2 to 3 hour races. These races would be once every 3 or 4 weeks just so people can free up their schedule ahead of time to attend these races.

I do kind of want to use regular cars, like cars everyday people can buy. (50,000 Cr. or less) But I was also thinking of having a mix of RM cars as well. I don't want to use high powered cars but medium-low powered like from 150HP to 300 HP.

I will be using large and small tracks from the Nurburgring to the Autumn Ring. I will find a list of cars that will work in this series I just want to make sure a lot of people would be interested before I took the time to do so.

I am looking to start this series somewhere in the beginning of June because after the Flyin' Miata Spec Series and the Honda Integra Type R RM Racing Series, I will be heading to Europe to see family and I wont be back till the 30th of May. While I am gone, I will be able to set everything up from my laptop, so the first weekend after I come back, we can start the series right away.

It would make me happy to see a large group of people interested in this series like they were in the Miata Spec and Lexus IS-F series'. I hope that most of the drivers from those 2 series would join this one as well.

The tracks I am thinking of using are both the 24h tracks, Nürburgring 24h (Time / Weather) and Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (Time / Weather), Côte d’Azur, Deep Forest Raceway, Autumn Ring, and Suzuka Circuit (Weather). I included the weather tracks because in real life, you cannot control the weather, so why not just do the races in whatever the game throws at us?

This series is for the most serious of drivers on GT5, I don't want people who will be purposely ramming into everyone every turn. Endurance races can be tough and stressful so I want to keep the people who want to ruin it for others out of this series. I will be very strict with this rule because I want people to have as much fun as they possibly can while doing this race.

I will need Race Stewards to help me with getting everyone organized. I only want the people who want this series to be a success helping me out, if you just sort of want to go along with the ride, don't ask to be a Race Steward. You will need to put a lot of time and effort into being a Steward because a series like this needs to be organized or else it will fail. I don't want people who half-ass everything or even a few things.

Once again, I just want to see how interested the drivers of GTP are in this series before I put in the effort to make this series a reality!
 
No one would want to take part in an endurance race?
 
Anyone else? Or is 2-3 hours too long?
 
Maybe at the beginning of July for the last couple of races because I have my Junior Cert exam and then a 2 week holiday in June.
 
I'd be all over this in a minute, but unfortunately I really only have time to play on Monday nights and already organize a similar (although shorter - 60-90 minute) endurance race for that time.

The feedback I'm hearing from people who I race with is that the longer the race the better, especially if the racing is close. The hard part is setting the race specifications so that it's a level playing field. People who show up unprepared or in an underpowered car have a strong tendency to rage quit rather than finish the long race - that's the breaks.

What we're learning is that the best racing happens on winder circuits in one- or 2-make races. Stick to the Grand Valleys, Monzas, Fujis and other wider courses to give people room to race. If you want some ideas for what we've done already check here.

I'll keep my eye on this thread and if there's a night I can stop by and watch or race I'll definitely do so.
 
Back