Interest check- Auto Union PODRACERS LEAGUEOpen 

• Thread starter Intronium
  • 16 comments
United States
CA
Cabriolet21
Interest check for an interesting idea I had..

"Podracer League"

Auto_Union_Streamliner.jpg

Podrace.png

Everyone remembers podracers right? A sport of extreme risk and danger, and extreme excitement.

Quick Re-cap for those of you that don't know, or have forgotten the sheer awesomeness of the sport:

So, in the GT6 podracer league, we would be using Audi Auto Union Streamlines- capable of up to 300mph, and lacking even the most basic form of headlights or tail lights.

The Streamlines would:
-Be fitted with a High RPM Turbo kit
-Be fitted with Racing Hard tires
-Have minimum downforce both front and rear
-Have ZERO toe-in or toe-out
-Have ZERO camber
-Have ZERO ballast
-Have minimum ride height, damper, spring rate, and all other suspension settings
-Be painted with a unique color of the racer's choice, as long as it is different from all other racers
-Have Transmission and Differential settings of the racer's choice

This is for fun. With this setup, the podracers will be extremely unstable, and one wrong move could end it for you. In order to have fun, you must be honest. So let's try to keep it honest and truthful in terms of car setup.

The podraces would be 2 races of 2 laps on SSRX, with time change at the maximum. It will start at sunset, and be pitch black until about the end of the race. One of the 2 races will have weather changeability at the maximum. The other will not.

BUT, podracing is nothing without the sabotage and villany of its competitors!

You ARE allowed to shunt/spin/otherwise mess up another competitor, only ONCE IN A WHILE however. This ISN'T a late night DIRTY RACING league, this is podracing. So don't go overboard with it.

Like, you can't just drive the wrong way or smash every other racer near you. Cool?

If you're interested, post your PSN name and the color you'd like for your podracer, and I'll add it to the OP. Once there are enough interested people, we can talk about how the lobbies will go down.

LIST OF INTERESTED MEMBERS: (GTP Name/PSN Name/Steamliner Color)
1. Intronium/Cabriolet21/Black
2. CallmeDan/CallmeDan_/Red
3. ABP/A-B-P/Blue

Last edited:
Sounds like a really fun series. I doubt I'd ever win with any of these requirements, though. :/

It's not about the win, it's about the craziness that ensues for two laps at 300mph in pitch black darkness :D

Well, I guess I could sign up. I just need to acquire a Streamliner first.

I guess I shall reserve a red Streamliner. HAH!

PSN: CallmeDan_ (Remember the underscore)

ABS will be disabled, right? (Even though we will most likely not have to brake at all)

EDIT: After testing this car at Route X, pushing speeds of 298 MPH without drafting, it is really tough. When going onto the banked turns, I spin out wildly and crash. I can only predict massive pileups, but maybe that's just me being inexperienced.

Last edited:
ABS will be disabled, right? (Even though we will most likely not have to brake at all)

EDIT: After testing this car at Route X, pushing speeds of 298 MPH without drafting, it is really tough. When going onto the banked turns, I spin out wildly and crash. I can only predict massive pileups, but maybe that's just me being inexperienced.
Testing the car I almost managed to go through a corner without spinning... ALMOST

ABP
Testing the car I almost managed to go through a corner without spinning... ALMOST

o_O

When the OP says these cars--Erm, pod racers--are unstable at high speeds, he wasn't kidding.

I think I'm going to leave ABS enabled, so people can at least have peace while braking lol.

Also, should I change the setup? I can make it a lap around but it's extremely hairy and nerve-wracking. If you guys find it too hard I might change it slightly, unless it's more fun without any changes.

I think ABS at 0 is fine and the setup too, but we should test it on the track in a race to be sure. I think the difficulty is fine with one pod racer. More than one? Not so sure... :scared:

@ABP @CallmeDan Are you guys still interested? I'm still into doing this, we just need people. I was thinking of making the setup a little more stable perhaps, or just leaving it up to the driver. I think free setups will make it more interesting, as the more you change suspension to make it more stable, the lower your top speed will be.

@ABP @CallmeDan Are you guys still interested? I'm still into doing this, we just need people. I was thinking of making the setup a little more stable perhaps, or just leaving it up to the driver. I think free setups will make it more interesting, as the more you change suspension to make it more stable, the lower your top speed will be.

I've lost interest and completely forgot about this whole thing. Sorry. :/

I'm interested in this, but it MUST end before 9pm GMT (4pm EST) as that's when I go to sleep. If not, I will withdraw.
Also, I'll have to do some grinding in the X1s to get the $$$ for a podracer.
My pod will be painted bright orange.

I'm interested in this, but it MUST end before 9pm GMT (4pm EST) as that's when I go to sleep. If not, I will withdraw.
Also, I'll have to do some grinding in the X1s to get the $$$ for a podracer.
My pod will be painted bright orange.

Nice. Don't worry, I'll be sure to choose a timeframe convient for the people participating

Back