Interest Check: Bathurst 100.0mi Spot Race July 5th 6pm EST / July 6th 8am AEST

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
r473_1000_2646_2000_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Want to see if there is any interest in this. Depending on how it goes, could lead to a full V8 Supercars style season. Race time is favored for participation from the Australian crowd while still being an ideal time for North America. Europe folks definitely welcome if you are up for a super late night, early morning challenge. :) Basics of the event listed below, suggestions certainly welcome. 👍

• Event date/time: Friday July 5th 6pm EST (North America) 22:00 GMT / Saturday July 6th 8am AEST
  • Qualifying: 15 minutes for hot laps. Might try to do a Top 5 Shootout?
  • Race Distance: 100 miles (roughly 26 laps, 65 minutes)
  • Cars: Any V8 FR Gr4 vehicle. (RC F, F-Type, SLS AMG, V8 Vantage, Mustang, Corvette)
  • BOP Set, Tuning TBD (would you prefer?)
  • Probably RM tires with tire wear set to x2, fuel usage TBD (probably where you would need to make at least one stop)
Livery would look similar to the RC F below, only requirements being the number on the bottom of the front fenders since we can't put them on the rear windows for all cars, and a few Supercars essential decals. Australian brands highly preferred (search "Australia" in Discover, tons of Aussie brands :))

6927170655910658584_0.jpg

What do you say, you in? :D

Is that about 25 laps? It sounds very very good. That timing though

edited: 26 laps, didn't read properly, sorry. I'm concern about clean racing, Mount Panorama is not the best place to race clean. How are you going to separate people?

Is that about 25 laps? It sounds very very good. That timing though

edited: 26 laps, didn't read properly, sorry. I'm concern about clean racing, Mount Panorama is not the best place to race clean. How are you going to separate people?
Should I have to separate people? Always had good luck with GTP players, randoms will not be allowed.

Should I have to separate people? Always had good luck with GTP players, randoms will not be allowed.
That is very nice to hear, I'm looking for clean racing. I'd like to participate, I normally race in ACC, I'm very clean. But I'm not very fast, my best time at Nurburgring for instance never under 2:00:00.

That is very nice to hear, I'm looking for clean racing. I'd like to participate, I normally race in ACC, I'm very clean. But I'm not very fast, my best time at Nurburgring for instance never under 2:00:00.
Most people on this forum are super respectful and clean. I much prefer racing with people from here than any random person online.

I'm an early riser. Saturday 8am would be easy. I'm down. First choice: RC F. If too many, I'll do Mustang.

I don't tune the cars. Maybe check top speeds? As in set the gears. 7 speed cars may have to tune to 6 speeds?

Could make pit stops mandatory like VASC do?

Have cars start with 25% fuel or something like that.

Last edited:
I'm an early riser. Saturday 8am would be easy. I'm down. First choice: RC F. If too many, I'll do Mustang.

I don't tune the cars. Maybe check top speeds? As in set the gears. 7 speed cars may have to tune to 6 speeds?

Could make pit stops mandatory like VASC do?

Have cars start with 25% fuel or something like that.
I figured some might like the option of tuning, if not we can lock it. If it's going to be a sever parity issue then we'll turn it off. Pit stops shouldn't be too complicated, I thought about forcing 2 stops but in an hour it might seem like too much.

No problems from me if there is tuning.

Compared to the GT League Gr.3 Bathurst race, the Gr.4 cars may be more frugal. Though 25 laps in a Gr.4, will take longer than the 25 laps/50 minutes, done by the Gr.3 cars. I might have to do a mock race to check it out. :)

No problems from me if there is tuning.

Compared to the GT League Gr.3 Bathurst race, the Gr.4 cars may be more frugal. Though 25 laps in a Gr.4, will take longer than the 25 laps/50 minutes, done by the Gr.3 cars. I might have to do a mock race to check it out. :)
I figured ~2:15 average x26 laps + the pit stop should get us to about an hour, maybe slightly more.

Latest Posts

Back