[Interest Check] Gumball 3000: GT5 Edition

Antarctica
TRAPPIST-1g
ProjectWHaT
As we all know Gran Turismo 6 is just around the corner (ermergerd new cers! ermergerd new trercks!), and GT5 is heading toward its end, I thought we should have one last huge hurrah!

As some of you in Europe may know about the Gumball 3000. For those who don't it's a huge rally where people are are supposed to race for 3000 miles. And there are many fun stops along the way. The most recent one (2013) ended at Monaco in time for the F1 Grand Prix.

Gumball 3000 is not a serious race in the traditional sense of rallying races - there are no prizes for being fastest and neither is there any official timekeeping of any sort. The organizers emphasize that it is essentially a road trip adventure and not intended to be a race.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gumball_3000

So for GT5, I was thinking we would go to each race track and race for x amount of laps. We'll go to each track in order of their location (i.e. Daytona then Laguna Seca then Fuji then Suzuka then etc etc). You must choose one car for the entire event, it is recommended that you pick your favorite car, not just the fastest car you have in your garage (read the quote above, if you haven't already). I'll be doing some math(s) to see how many miles are there for each track and try and make it a so there's a "good" amount of miles (100, 1000, 2500, etc etc).

In between races, we'll drive around the track admiring how PD made the tracks and cars so "purtty". I hope everyone will have a fun time saying good bye to GT5.

When:
It'll be some time around Thanksgiving vacation (November 28th, 29th, 30th, 31st). The time will be decided. I'm hoping to make it so its friendly to ALL continents (except Antarctica, because no likes you).

If you're interested please post below. If we have a good amount of people signed up, I'll make a more specific post in the Clubs & League section. Since there'll are only 16 people per lobby, it'll be a first come first serve basis (depending on the amount of people signing up, people in my club [WHaT's Cops and Cruise Club] may have early access).

I should be able to join but I do have family coming over so I'm not sure when I can actually join. Once I get more info on what I'm gonna do I'll post if I'll join or not. For now I'm in.

I'm in but the first 2 days I won't be able to make it though cuz we already had thanks giving.

Sounds nice!
When is it happening? (If you could, you wouldn't mind making the room around this time?)

Thanks to everyone who's interested. I'll edit the OP a bit more tomorrow and hopefully the official thread will be posted soon.

I could probably join, but will only be able to the 30th, as it is on the weekend.. Cause you know.. We don't do this 'Thanksgiving' here in the Sunny Side of the UK.

After rounding each track (24 tracks) length to the closest .5 miles, I've got a total of 88 miles. So if we do 3 laps for each track that'll be a total of 264 miles. Which we can round to 250.

For the name...how about World Tour 250?

I'll make the order for the tracks asap.

250 Miles won't take long to cover. I've been known cover 300-odd miles just tuning cars for touge. Why don't we make it 5 laps of each track?

250 Miles won't take long to cover. I've been known cover 300-odd miles just tuning cars for touge. Why don't we make it 5 laps of each track?
How long does it take to cover 100 miles? If it doesn't take long, how about 500 miles?

How long does it take to cover 100 miles? If it doesn't take long, how about 500 miles?

It depends on the track, but if we say the average speed is about 100mph we'll cover 100 miles in an hour. If the lobbies are around 2-3 hours long we could possibly pull off a 1000 mile event.

It depends on the track, but if we say the average speed is about 100mph we'll cover 100 miles in an hour. If the lobbies are around 2-3 hours long we could possibly pull off a 1000 mile event.
Oh cool. I'll try and raise it to 500 miles. 1000 miles might be a too much.

Latest Posts

Back