Interest Thread - Project CARS Weekly Race Series

• Thread starter Jump_Ace
  • 8 comments

Would You Be Interested In Participating In The Project CARS Weekly Race Series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jump_Ace

Compare Yourself To The Best Of Your Own Abilities
Staff Emeritus
United States
Portland, OR
Jump_Ace
JUMPxACE
I've laid out some ground work for a Project CARS Weekly Race Series, I need to gauge the interest and participation from you guys. It will be run similar (not exact) to the Gran Turismo Weekly Racing Series, but it's not an official GTPlanet racing series. If you want to participate, let me know in the poll!

I am now a father of a 9 month old, so the amount of time I can give to the series is somewhat limited. So, I also need a few volunteer race stewards (maybe 4-6 or so) to help put up combos and results, think of car and track combos each week and answer questions from participants, etc.

If you've run a race series before for other racing genres, or have a lot of experience participating in those events and want to become a race steward, shoot me a PM here.

Here's what you can expect from the series:
  • Clean, relaxed, fun and competitive
  • The series is run individually, in offline time trials, with the hope of including racing live online in the near future
  • Everyone will run in the exact same car, or sometimes have an option between a few cars on a specified track
  • Everyone can participate! Whether you have PCars on PC, PS4 or XB1 or WiiU (when it releases) you can join
  • As I understand it now, PCars doesn't have the option to install better parts a la Gran Turismo, so the power and weight restrictions will be specified in the combo thread
  • You can tune your car to your liking, everyone is encouraged (you don't have to) to share their tunes and tips to help one another become better drivers
  • Every week (Sunday) a new car & track combo will be posted for everyone to run
  • Participation isn't mandatory week to week, come and go as you please, there are no points rewarded
  • During the week you can post your fastest split times via a public Google Sheet to compare with other participants
  • In weeks that you want to participate, you can submit your results via a Google Form
  • Submitted times must be clean laps with no contact with the AI, barriers (visible or invisible) and at least two tires on track at all times
  • Every week (Sunday) the results from last weeks combo will be posted
  • Final times for the week are kept secret until the results are posted at the end of the week
  • Sometimes the combos will be hotlaps (single fastest lap), or it may be multiple lap combos (but nothing more than a few laps)
  • Depending on how many stewards volunteer, the previous weeks race combo can be raced online with practice and qualifying sessions
  • We will follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines found here. So get familiar with them if/when we do end up racing online
  • Some combos may include racing against the AI (at a specified difficulty level - probably low). If/when that is the case, no contact can be made with AI, period. Even if they ram you. These combos may not appear often, but it is a necessary rule to prevent hit 'n run hotlaps

Jerome

Last edited:
Sounds interesting, I like that participation is not mandatory every week, because I may not have time every week. Look forward to more details!

Sounds like fun. It will be cool to see all the platforms competing together, I think that's an awesome thing:tup:👍

Back