Interior Customization

This is the most recent thread I could find for this particular suggestion. I think this is even more important than it was back when this was originally suggested as GT7 now has the ability to add other racing components to normal road cars, but the problem is that those road cars always retain their original interior. In some cases, this is fine...but in others, like classic cars, it becomes a little silly when you have super skinny, large diameter steering wheels or hopelessly insufficient gauges or bench seats or what have you. GT should have some amount of interior customization. Roll cages have been added, which is great! Here is my list of things that would make the biggest difference for (I believe) the least amount of work, in order:

1. Steering wheels. Only 3 or 4 styles would be necessary, IMO (a classic model like the Momo Prototipo, a "retro" model like the Momo Montecarlo, and a contemporary racing wheel or 2)

2. Racing seats. Again, 3 or 4 styles representing a few eras would be totally fine.

3. Dash/Gauges: Gauges & Info displays would be more difficult to implement, but maybe a generic "race pack" style digital dash could be added to most cars, just in front of the cluster, if so desired, with 1 or 2 different styles.

4. Removing or "gutting" interiors would require a considerable amount of extra modeling for PD so it may not be the best use of time/resources. Maybe for certain cars it could be done.

One of my favorite parts of the old NFS series was the ability to transform a road car into a race car, including the interior. I feel like this has become more conspicuously absent from the GT series as the exterior customization has improved.

Be able to install an RPM counter and update the cars dashboard. Some cars, after modifying engine components, increase the RPM range but the dashboard does not reflect that, and it is essential to make the shift in the corresponding range. The speedometer happens the same. It's not that annoying but being able to update it or put a custom dashboard would be great. An RPM counter with shift light would be the best they could give me.

And since I heard/saw the rumors that Forza may come to PS, I couldn't help but think again that that is the only game that made me hesitate to switch to Xbox. That's why I've been looking at details and features that Forza has that I would like Gran Turismo to consider including.

-the presentation and interactions with the car. Being able to see the car inside and outside freely, being able to open doors and the hood, being able to turn it on and rev the engine in the garage, is essential for me.

-Customize the interior, change the seat and steering wheel for sports ones. Please.

Changing the color of the interior would be great.

Last edited:
I would like to be able to:
  • Remove interior
  • Remove rear number plate
  • Change steering wheel
  • Change seat
  • Change side view mirrors
… and I’d be in seventh heaven. Yes, a bit too much to ask for all cars of course, but around 5-10% of the cars would be plenty.

Back