Intermediate experienced race Tonight 12/15 @ 9pm

  • Thread starter Thread starter Choppa'
  • 13 comments
  • 942 views
Messages
27
Messages
Choppa24
Tonight, Wed 12/15 @ 9pm (eastern time) I want to host a set of probably 4 races for intermediate clean drivers. This is intended for those of us who know how to race clean but are not a division 1 contender lol. My plan is to do 3 races using cars from a closed garage so that tuning will not have as big of an impact and the races will be all about driver. More than likely I will do a single make race (rx7, gt-r, m3, something along those lines), then do an evo vs sti race, then a super gt race (gt-r vs supra). After that, I plan on doing a 4th race with an open garage allowing up to 600hp max, no race cars. I have not decided on the tracks yet but Im open to suggestions. No aids other than abs will be allowed and no dirty driving will be allowed. I expect each participant to drive respectfully and clean. I think this will be a fun oppurtunity for us intermediate guys to have a fun competitive race. If it goes well, I plan on hosting more of these events. If you are interested, post up with your psn name and post up some tracks you would like to run. Like I said earlier, I'm open to suggestions. Also, add me on psn if you would like.

psn- Choppa24
 
All RX-7 on Tsukuba is my suggestion with sport soft tires.. I won't be on till 6:30 though.

PSN Rsection8
 
What about a special Nurburgring evening:

- Mini or Golf (sport hard) on Nurb GP D (6 laps),
- RX7 (sport soft) on Nurb GP F, (4 or 5 laps)
- and finally JGTC (racing soft) on the Nordslheife (2 or 3 laps)...

No assist except ABS, all (same one make) cars taken from the recommended garage.

Count me in: GTP_NURBURGRING.

I'll be there around 8PM (new york time).

Don't forget to give us the number and title of the room...
 
Count Me in... I will see you at the tracks. My psn is XR-42. Add me asap and message me about the races.
 
I'll definately post the room number about 8:30 (eastern standard time). Right now Im thinking about doing an rx7 only 10 lap race on Tskuba with sport mediums. A evo vs sti 8 -10 lap race around cape ring periphery (sp) with sport mediums, and a 8-10 lap race using the super gt cars around trial mountain with racing hard tires. I will also allow aroung 10 minutes prior to each race to qualify for starting position.
 
I'll definately post the room number about 8:30 (eastern standard time). Right now Im thinking about doing an rx7 only 10 lap race on Tskuba with sport mediums. A evo vs sti 8 -10 lap race around cape ring periphery (sp) with sport mediums, and a 8-10 lap race using the super gt cars around trial mountain with racing hard tires. I will also allow aroung 10 minutes prior to each race to qualify for starting position.

If it is cars picked from the recommended garage, I'll be there for sure.
 
Recommended garage only. I think it will allow for more close racing due to the cars being similar. After the races though, I might allow a few open garage races depending on what everyone wants to do
 
room is up. It is titled GTP intermediate race and the room number is

1472-6399-8408-2428-7622

Come join in the fun
 
Great races right now despite the fact that I had sport tires on a JGTC...

So check your tires when car model was just changed by host !

Edit (11PM): finally a perfect racing evening.. :)

Hope to see you all again in 2011.
 
Last edited:
Some good races tonight. We will have to do it again soon
 
hey man something to keep in mind for next time. I think there is an option to turn tire wear off... If were doing like 20+ laps then I could see using it but if your only doing 6 or 8 or whatever then it would probably make the driving a lot closer cause you'll get the extra grip of warm tires. Even with it on I think it was pretty even but you can tell when the tires heat up you gain a lot more traction, but by the time they did we were pretty much done the race.
 
I may be mistaken but I dont think you can turn tire wear off. Even if so I would still leave it on. Maybe next time we can do soft tires or something.
 
Back