International Japanese Drifting Competition 2012

Robbyelder
Or yall could have just ran the event how he had it explained but no you all are god like there is rules set in stone this community discusts me:yuck:

There is no rules set in stone but there is a set of rules to make it FAIR for everyone.

I'm on the boat here, how is mixing drivetrains and tires, fair? In order to keep competition alive, you need to set restrictions not just general guidelines.

I still can't over this DS3 only rule, :confused:.

What's wrong with wheel drifters?
This was quite a stupid comment due to a lot of people on the Drifting Forum use a wheel to drift, including myself. Using a wheel is much more difficult than just moving your fingers a little and after all it all results in the same thing, Drifting.

Woah sir chill. I am stating that DS3 and DGFT or whatever should be allowed to drift together. His OP said something about only DS3 users. I stated that I've drifted against wheel drifters and they should be able to enter this competition. Sorry if it didnt come out the right way, but you dont need to jump the gun.

You clearly have never been in an organised comp before :P

Ive got more wins under my belt than most ^^^guy^^^ and its cause of people like you I wish I wasnt in tech collage so I could be at home pwning you and any track of your choice with eather my NSX or Ford GT ask around bud Prodigy Drift Don't play.

Redneck Stepson

Robbyelder
Ive got more wins under my belt than most ^^^guy^^^ and its cause of people like you I wish I wasnt in tech collage so I could be at home pwning you and any track of your choice with eather my NSX or Ford GT ask around bud Prodigy Drift Don't play.

Redneck Stepson

This made me laugh hard ford gt pffft.
Show him what your made of Godfreygt5.

Reddee Your who I've never heard or seen you are you in a fan club for your mate. Lol let me guess you dont tune your cars or do you know jack about anything your just in here to troll. And yes Ford GT laugh if you want but when you put time in tuning you can make great things happen for you. I know it is a bit funny tho but what is better is I know I can tandem behind a S13 with hardly 400hp with my 800hp powerhouse. But back on subject DON"T BE A TROLL mate. Have a nice day.

I know it is a bit funny tho but what is better is I know I can tandem behind a S13 with hardly 400hp with my 800hp powerhouse.

So your saying you are skilled, because you are using your extra +400bhp safety net to tandem someone in the correct power range, and this makes you better? Hmm 0_o

PM from Robby:
I'll be home mid december If you would like to 1v1 me vs you for s h i ts and giggles

I'm good thanks. I'm not the worlds best drifter, and I never claim to be, but I've been in and around the GTP drift community long enough to know what the hell I'm talking about.

So your saying you are skilled, because you are using your extra +400bhp safety net to tandem someone in the correct power range, and this makes you better? Hmm 0_o

PM from Robby:

I'm good thanks. I'm not the worlds best drifter, and I never claim to be, but I've been in and around the GTP drift community long enough to know what the hell I'm talking about.

Nope not saying at all the the extra 400hp makes me better at all. I'm saying that just the average JO doesnt have the time in a car to tune and 800hp whip to be able to slide door to door with something much slower. All this bs put aside all I was saying about this event is we all play in lobbys and for this track tskuba. It is a learners track. And I also know that we look down upon 4wd drifters. But for the love of having people interested in promoting events how are they ever going to get it right by being shut down all the time. It wouldn't be that hard for 14 hard drivers to show up to this guys show. With some V-spec R34 skylines with them tuned 90 10. It would be something differant. Yes it's not what we usually run but damn if you run the same stuff all the time it gets boring. So open your doors up a little bit community and lets let these guys in. Me myself I'm not scared to run Rwd vs 4wd It would be fun I think.

Robbyelder
Reddee Your who I've never heard or seen you are you in a fan club for your mate. Lol let me guess you dont tune your cars or do you know jack about anything your just in here to troll. And yes Ford GT laugh if you want but when you put time in tuning you can make great things happen for you. I know it is a bit funny tho but what is better is I know I can tandem behind a S13 with hardly 400hp with my 800hp powerhouse. But back on subject DON"T BE A TROLL mate. Have a nice day.

Nope every one knows me :)
Also I'm no troll I know Godfrey would bury you lol

Last edited:
It is sad really Godfrey can can take up for himself as he did he really don't need your imput kid.

Woah sir chill. I am stating that DS3 and DGFT or whatever should be allowed to drift together. His OP said something about only DS3 users. I stated that I've drifted against wheel drifters and they should be able to enter this competition. Sorry if it didnt come out the right way, but you dont need to jump the gun.

My apologies then, I probably didn't read how you were thinking of it and just thought you were against wheel drifters in a whole. Sorry about that.

My apologies then, I probably didn't read how you were thinking of it and just thought you were against wheel drifters in a whole. Sorry about that.

Its ok dude! I love wheel drifting! I plan on getting a G27 soon! P.S I've drifted with a wheel before so I wont be too new to it.

I guess the funniest part was the "drift zone". One single corner and plus, maybe the most boring of all corners in Tsukuba.

OK I will try and help the OP out. First the community uses Comfort Hards, we have for 2 years now and I don't think it will change. We aim for being realistic. Awd is not realistic in the eyes of a real life drifting competition such as Formula D and D1GP. As for the "section" you made up in my eyes it is far to easy. It is almost impossible to mess up on 1 turn. If you aim to have a good event with good battles go for something that at least 3 or more turns, this will allow for many transitions and if the drivers are not on there game will mess up. If you need any help contact me.

EliteDreamer
This competition isn't based around Formula D or D1GP. ;)

Yeah I understand that much, but like I said people won't join if it isn't realistic as possible. If the op is looking for a successful comp I would suggest him listening to what the community wants. If not I'm sure there's someone out there that will play by his rules. :)

"Front tires aren't allowed to slide" . You serious? Let me ask you these:

If you're drifting and your car is about to snap back and straighten out, would you still countersteer?

If you're drifting and you are about to hit the outside wall/ go to the grass on the outside, would you still countersteer?

Furthermore, do you even know why countersteer is performed in drifting?

Countersteer is not mandatory. There are situations where no countersteer is applied, and the car would still continue drifting, and is still considered as a drift.

What is considered as "not drifting" is having at least one tire off the road.

Also, pardon me for being frank and harsh, but the "drift zone" is a complete joke. One corner? Really? Then, different drivetrains and tire compounds? Complete jokes, too. Have you even thought of the problems those regulations would make? Try running 4WD C:S cars against RWD C:H cars, for once.

"Front tires aren't allowed to slide" . You serious? Let me ask you these:

If you're drifting and your car is about to snap back and straighten out, would you still countersteer?

If you're drifting and you are about to hit the outside wall/ go to the grass on the outside, would you still countersteer?

Actually, you would. Just less to be honest. If you stop counter-steering and put your wheels straight with the car, your front tires would cause a lot of friction that would undeniably result in a spin.

Actually, you would. Just less to be honest. If you stop counter-steering and put your wheels straight with the car, your front tires would cause a lot of friction that would undeniably result in a spin.

sup Nyordia ;)

well yeah, IRL a spin-out with result from the absence of countersteer during a drift. But we're taking about GT5 here, a video game which does its best to simulate IRL physics. Since it not 100% the same as real life, and will never be 100% the same as real life, you can sustain a drift with no countersteer.

Back