INTERNET CONNECTION WITH GTS WHILE VACATIONING IN ASIA?

• Thread starter GA 52
  • 15 comments
Norway
Philippines
Dear GTS and friends - I have had serious issues last 6 days between 0230hrs - 0600hrs in the morning local time down here in the Philippines while on vacation. I am "knocked off" internet (server) while playing? Testing my Internet Speed via my iPhone and also in PSN - all looks good. Can anyone please explain what this could be? I'm bummed........ (mildly said...) . :irked: MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Confirmed in california, and utah in the US.:grumpy:.........maybe you should post a message on gran-turismo.com to inform your customers that you’re actually having an issue and this isnt problems with somebody hacking or a more serious problem. I can log into my profile through my iphone/pc, but the game servers are down.

maybe you should post a message on gran-turismo.com to inform your customers that you’re actually having an issue
We're not having any issues that I'm aware of.

We are also not PD or Sony.

Hmmmmm, maybe im on the wrong thread. I just googled my connection error that im getting and these threads started popping up. Is this an issue thats going across most regions?

Check your NAT, if it's NAT 2 then there's a hope.
Using phone tethering is possible, but I would suggest stay away from sport mode as you might ruin others' race. Also stay away from crowded lobby. Choose less crowded rooms up to 6 players, pay attention to the room's signal bar and hopefully you can enjoy the racing.

Btw you are in vacation, right ? "vacation"
Just saying, man :)

Check your NAT, if it's NAT 2 then there's a hope.
Using phone tethering is possible, but I would suggest stay away from sport mode as you might ruin others' race. Also stay away from crowded lobby. Choose less crowded rooms up to 6 players, pay attention to the room's signal bar and hopefully you can enjoy the racing.

Btw you are in vacation, right ? "vacation"
Just saying, man :)
Thanks diptop79, Still down here (not connecting) - anybody having the same problem now- (NE-21194400) ? I have restarted server and tested internet with good quality and NAT 2. Yes - on vacation...... :)

Thanks daan - been down for 12 hours now - (NE-21194400)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmmm, maybe im on the wrong thread. I just googled my connection error that im getting and these threads started popping up. Is this an issue thats going across most regions?

Thanks daan - been down for 12 hours now - (NE-21194400)?
GTPlanet has not been down at any point. GTSport's servers have nothing to do with us.

There is something wrong with google, maybe it has to do with advertising revenue or simply number of hits. Unfortunately this site has no power over the known problem.

PD servers having problems all around it seems. Try this.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/GT-Sport/Gran-Turismo-Sport-NE-21194400/m-p/25453693

PLAYSTATION STAFF
Online Support
80x80

LordRoss
Accepted Solution
2 minutes ago @ 10:46 AM
Message from Polyphony Digital regarding server connection issues 24/12/2017

Currently we are experiencing an unstable connection from the Gran Turismo Sport servers to the PlayStation Network servers.

Because of this, an error message is displayed notifying that the game cannot connect to the network.

For the time being, we have found that in some cases it is still possible to bypass the issue and connect to the server by ignoring the correction error messages and going to the top screen, then trying to manually “Reconnect to the Network” a few times.

Please wait while we investigate the cause of this issue together with the PlayStation Network.
We apologize for the inconvenience caused to our users.

As much as these disconnections have made a lot frustrated over it which is understandable, also i think should have been expected for the holidays considering many won't be playing GTS until Christmas night including myself. I think if we all be patient over these network outages that in the long run their is a light at the end of that network issue tunnel and that either PD, Sony or both look to increase the bandwidth of their servers so we don't face anymore connection issues anymore but like with any system created by humans, their is going to be a flaw so i would say be patient and i think all of us will be very happy with the end result after this network connection issue mess is sorted out. I am sure both Sony and PD are working hard even through the holidays to figure out what is going on that we just don't know what is going on. Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa and Happy Hanukkah! :cheers: :)

Back