Interpreting A Car's Preformance

  • Thread starter Thread starter Forehead58
  • 2 comments
  • 586 views
Messages
3
United States
United States
For a while I was using a controller, and during that time I learned a lot about what parts of tuning do what to a cars performance. I was getting a good feel for pinpointing where problems for performance were. But now I've switched to a racing wheel, and even though I've got a good understanding for what each piece of tuning will do to a car, I have a hard time interpreting where the problems are with a car. For example, I can't tell if a car isn't cornering properly because the front tires are slipping, or if the back tires re slipping.

Could anyone give me some tips on "what to look for" while driving in order to asses a car's performance?
 
For a while I was using a controller, and during that time I learned a lot about what parts of tuning do what to a cars performance. I was getting a good feel for pinpointing where problems for performance were. But now I've switched to a racing wheel, and even though I've got a good understanding for what each piece of tuning will do to a car, I have a hard time interpreting where the problems are with a car. For example, I can't tell if a car isn't cornering properly because the front tires are slipping, or if the back tires re slipping.

Could anyone give me some tips on "what to look for" while driving in order to asses a car's performance?

Pretty sure that the real tuners in the forums will jump in and help with some better advice but I always look at the replay and use the data logger. Tyre spinning is usually pretty easy to spot by the heat map for your tyres green=good, red=bad where anything that's not green indicates that the tyre has lost tractions.

You might get a better response by posting this question in the tuning forums 👍
 
You might get a better response by posting this question in the tuning forums 👍

Thanks. I'll try sticking it over there. I'm a little new around here...
 
Back