Interview with Marco Massarutto about ACC (26.7.2018)

• Thread starter th3o
  • 0 comments
Germany
Berlin
Hey guys,

i just read a very nice interview with Marco that he gave RedBull TV. There are also some new screenshots included.
Check it out here: https://www.redbull.com/int-en/assetto-corsa-competizione-interview

One thing in the interview i found interesting: He said that they updated some of the tracks that are already in AC which are also featured in the Blancpain GT Series. I ask myself how that works when you have basically two different engines. I thought they need to create everything completely from scratch.

That really stood out, wow: "Massarutto enthuses about what was learned during this demonstration, “One of the great little details we got from them, was the fact that if they find themselves on slick tyres on heavy rain, they’ll try to go and collect rubber marbles from the outside of the turns. The marbles will stick on the slick tyres, creating a kind of “tread”. It will give vibration and less pure grip, but it will help the tyre to drain standing water a tiny bit better than a completely slick tyre, thus helping drivers survive for a couple of laps until the pitstop or end of the race if it’s close enough, without changing to rain tyres. It’s not much, but slicks are really dangerous on wet and every little thing helps. Obviously we’re hard at work, implementing this into our physics engine.”

Cheers

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back