Introducing....

  • Thread starter Thread starter ving
  • 25 comments
  • 1,159 views
Messages
5,716
Vings lame ass Las Vegas Strip challenge.

Rules:

Location: Las Vegas Dragstrip

Vehicle: 1989 Nissan 300zx
Upgrades: as many or as few as you like.
Settings: customise this vehicle to your own specifications, but no driving assists allowed!

I'll start...
I bought the following upgrades: turbo 4, race exhaust, race suspension, port polish, eng balance, chip, nos, light weight stage 3, refresh, oil change, race flywheel n' clutch, fully adj gears, roll cage, downforce, qualifying tires rear and super hard front.

settings: suspension set lowest and rear locked out as much as i could, no camber rear and full camber front (trying to reduce drag), rear downforce set to max with no front d/f, gears set widest (sorry i cant be more precise)..

my runs: Ok I suck royally at dragging. i found what suited me best is half throttle and let the turbo buildup to 4/5 when rolling and when up around 5k drop to 3/4 throttle, shift to second on red line and plant it, shift to 3rd just before cut-off and hold the nos, shift to 4th jut before cut-off again still holding nos till the end.
the trick is trying to stop wheel spin in first. hitting the nos in second induces whell spin.

my times were generally around 10.2xx to 10.3xx depending on how well i launched. my best time was 10.122.

I expect this to be beaten by the first poster :)
god luck and MTFBWY...A
 
9.298

Third run.
No driving aids.

Cannot believe how well this car shoots off the line!
 
eddited cause mr fairman was being silly! :p

the 300zx is one of my faves in the game :D
and after going to the dragraces on the weekend i felt the need to make a dragracer from one of my Zeds :)
 
kennythebomb
9.298

Third run.
No driving aids.

Cannot believe how well this car shoots off the line!
Damm you you beat me good time gotta hand it to you I thought I had it. :cheers:
 
This means war :trouble:
The Battle of the Best Tuned ZX
It's on kennythebomb
 
wish i was at home so igo it right now!!
damn work! :(
 
9.121

Lets just say some of your settings seemed backwards when I glanced through them, ving.

I also have no wheelspin.

If you guys would like to be able to so quickly tune a car for a killer time like I just did, I suggest you join the Weekly Drag Series I started - you learn a lot! Fun, and no obligation to race every week.
 
ok, its my gearing....
gotta fix it.
maybe i'll havetime on saturday
 
oh and if i joined th wds i'd prolly only have time for 1 race in ten :( (if that)
 
ving
ok, its my gearing....
gotta fix it.
maybe i'll havetime on saturday

Not just the gearing.
Wrong turbo.

Hey man it's ok if you can only race once in a while - no obligation :)
 
yeah ok, i'll join then... just dont expect miracles!

You know I thought about getting a smaller turbo! might try that too...
 
Man, HOW THE HELL DID YOU RUN A 9.2xx??!! I run consistently in the 9.7xx's. My best is 9.695
 
rsmithdrift
Man, HOW THE HELL DID YOU RUN A 9.2xx??!! I run consistently in the 9.7xx's. My best is 9.695

I'm down to 9.121

LSD 60/5/x (x doesn't matter, lol)
 
ving
re: wds
so where do i sign?

No need to officially sign up or register, just race anytime.... post your time in the thread or pm it to me. All I need is your social security # and your bank account information :p

Remember - winner has to post full setup at the end.
 
glad i wont be posting my setups then :p
 
Kennythebomb can you post your exact setup?
 
300zxfairman
Kennythebomb can you post your exact setup?

Nissan 300ZX 2 seater (Z32) '89

Oil change, stage 3 lightening, port polish, engine balancing, stiffness.

Racing exhaust, chip, R1/R5, Nitrous on 70, Stage 5 Turbo, Racing Intercooler, triple plate clutch, racing flywheel, carbon driveshaft.

Suspension: all I touched was the RH and Camber. 156/86 RH, 12.0/0.0 Camber.

Transmission: Auto 12, Final 5.500. 1.998/1.563/.906/.703/.572/.509

No driving aids

Downforce 0/30

LSD 60/5/x

Weight Balance 200/+50

However I won't share my complete strategy :)
 
havent had a chance to do anything yet... what kw does that turbo 5 get ya kenny?
 
er sorry... dumb aussie ere.
kw = kilowatts
you prolly work in hp
 
Back