Introduction to a Crew Chief In Career Mode

• Thread starter Miyuki
  • 9 comments
United States
United States
shaanmp
Mr. Yamauchi,

would it also be possible to have a crew chief in Career mode. He/she can tell you exactly what lines to take while driving, pressuring an opponent, telling you when to brake at the last possible second, telling you to come in for a pit stop, encouraging you to finish the race, etc. Also guys, please support my other topic titled "Redundant Japanese Cars."

Thank You!

A purpose-built trainer might be the better question, but a crew chief could do all of that, couldn't they... ;)

This seems to work better as a Rally co-pilot. In a race, they end up saying the same things over and over, making them seem like robots. But if it was in GT, I wouldn't complain.

This seems to work better as a Rally co-pilot. In a race, they end up saying the same things over and over, making them seem like robots. But if it was in GT, I wouldn't complain.
Yes there is an co-pilot voice in GT5: Gran Turismo Rally.

I've seen the Crew Chief function work in iRacing replays and it seems to do a really good job calling the position of other cars. If, and that's a big IF, if it's well implemented it would add a lot to the racing element of the game and give the game better atmosphere IMO. If it's lame and ineffective like the position indicator arrows, then no, don't bother.

This is something I most definitely don't want. Like I've said before; if you need someone to tell you how to race, you shouldn't be racing in the first place. Learn good race craft first, then go racing. What GT needs is license tests that teach you how to race, not just a series of mindless time trials that teach you to dive bomb & barge your way to the front.

I've seen the Crew Chief function work in iRacing replays and it seems to do a really good job calling the position of other cars. If, and that's a big IF, if it's well implemented it would add a lot to the racing element of the game and give the game better atmosphere IMO. If it's lame and ineffective like the position indicator arrows, then no, don't bother.

Spotters.... (shrug)

And a REAL training section.

I'd like it if it was something like what Codies did with F1.

Where you get lines like:
'The car ahead of you is running at full reds, he's trying to create a gap'
'Your times at sector 1 is off pace, sector 2 good, sector 3 good'
'You're running at race pace'
'Your tires are a bit worn, box in for a new set if they slow you down'
'(Insert name here) is 4 seconds behind you'

You know, someone who's not annoying at all?

I'd like it if it was something like what Codies did with F1.

Where you get lines like:
'The car ahead of you is running at full reds, he's trying to create a gap'
'Your times at sector 1 is off pace, sector 2 good, sector 3 good'
'You're running at race pace'
'Your tires are a bit worn, box in for a new set if they slow you down'
'(Insert name here) is 4 seconds behind you'

You know, someone who's not annoying at all?
Grid AS has that as well. There's the automatic stuff but you can also push a button to find out where your rivals are, your teamate etc. You also have some control over how hard your team mate pushes or defends similar to BSpec Bob in GT.

Latest Posts

Back