Invisible Cars...

• Thread starter Raoul Duke
  • 11 comments
United States
Forest along border
MoreNorthThanYou
For the past couple of weeks, I have come across some kind of glitch when i am racing w/friends online. When i join a room, i can see everyone that is in that room prior to race. When the race starts, I can only see about 2/3 of the drivers I saw in the lobby. They're just not there. I can hear them, and I can see other drivers responding to the ones that I can't see. I Have tried searching the forum and i did not find any related results. There are others that are experiencing this as well, but to what extent I do not know. I have also cleared my cache and that yielded no results. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? What can i do to resolve?

That is a pretty common glitch. The way to tell who you can't see, is if they have the loading symbol going through their name. The only fix I know of is for BOTH drivers to reset their PS3's, but that doesn't always fix it.

@Mini Stiggy: i've tried resetting my own PlayStation but I never considered asking the other driver so. I will try that and see if that works. thanks!.

@niners: we tried starting up new rooms and it works to a certain extent, but we still can't see all the drivers; there's always a few that we still can't see. thanks for the advic

@DeriaHanuj : I can understand your frustration but I'm really addicted to online racing! this is a bummer,I'll just have to deal with it thanks anyway.

I also recently experienced this in a 10 lap race at bathurst, for the first 7 laps i thought i was racing in a field of 5 cars(we were the first 5 cars on the grid). Midway thru the 7th lap got hit with a moment of lag and at the same time another 4 cars placed 6th to 9th appeared both on the leaderboard and on the track. From memory i have only experienced this joining other peoples rooms and never whilst hosting myself.

@subsist: what are forwarded ports and nat 2?

Without getting too technical, You want to be Nat 2 and have your router set up right. If you are behind a firewall in your router certain ports which GT6 uses to make connections to you and other players may be blocked, meaning that you will have problems connecting to every body in the lobby, because it is mainly a p2p system, every one needs to be able to connect to every one else to see each other. If you have ports blocked, some may be able to see you, but you may not be able to see them, or you both may not be able to see each other.

You can tell what your NAT is by starting a lobby up online, then going into lobby settings where you set the race up and pp etc, and it will tell you in the main part what NAT you are. I have seen this quite a few times online, one of the people on my Friends list had the problem for quite a while, but it is fixed now.

Good luck.

I have had a lot of experience with this glitch, and like @Mini Stiggy said, resetting the PS3 is always the best way to solve the issue. Sometimes it needs to be done several times. Basically it is only one or both peoples playstations that need to be reset. Usually it is only one person that needs to reset, but since you do not know which one, it is best to have both people reset.

I would say this glitch is very common with players with slightly 🤬 internet connections!

There is only one case in which we could not solve this issue, and it was the two drivers with the two worst internet connections in the league!

Note: This is not a solution, but it will most likely help. Also a cache clearing is also a good idea.

EDIT: This thread should be stickied in the online racing forums to help those that do not know how to help with this issue. :)

Last edited:
@kolio123 : Thank you for more insight :cheers:. This weekend's dr%nk racing went well, with few invisible cars. Its seems that with all of the great help from the :gtplanet: community I was able to resolve the issue on my end. I will convey solution to the issue with my racing buddies and we should be good to go!
:gtpflag:

Back