iPad Issues While Typing

United States
KCCO
Hello,

So this problem has been going on for a while (about six months now) but I have only now gotten around to posting it.
The issue is that if I type an entire paragraph or whatever it is non-stop on the iPad (2 and latest iOS updates installed) it will type completely fine. However, if I go to text previously typed and attempt to select it, the cursor(?[the blinking blue line]?) is shown on the far right about five lines of text high.

You can go to the very end of the message by tapping somewhere to the right of the text, but the line is still large and on the right; however, as soon as you enter text or space, it will return. The issue is particularly frustrating while trying to select text, or whenever I leave the message box by tapping the side to scroll up or down.

I thought I would just give you a heads up, although it's six months old...

I don't recall ever experiencing this on my iPad, but you might have better luck by using the plain-text editor. You can do this by clicking the small paper and wrench icon near the top right of the editor buttons.

Also having this issue occasionally. Also using iPad 2 w/ iOS 8.2. In Google Chrome only, though. Safari works perfectly fine.

In addition, if the page has not loaded fully and the little circle is still spinning in the task bar on the top of the iPad, the keyboard will close as you type things. And when that happens, you click on something accidentally, and you try to go back to what you were writing but it is gone. It's quite annoying. This only happens in Chrome for some reason.

@Jordan, any news on this???
There's not much I can do about it, unfortunately. These are really issues that would have to be fixed in Chrome or upstream in the rich text editor source code. It's quite a complex piece of software; I would still recommend using the basic text editor on your mobile device if you are having problems.

There's not much I can do about it, unfortunately. These are really issues that would have to be fixed in Chrome or upstream in the rich text editor source code. It's quite a complex piece of software; I would still recommend using the basic text editor on your mobile device if you are having problems.
Sounds like a plan, we didn't know if it was a problem that could fixed on your end or not, and also letting you know about a minor issue that affects a good portion of the community. Again thank you Sir for all the fantastic work you do here keeping this place running so smooth, I know it's not easy to do.

I haven't been using my iPad recently (well, I haven't had Internet at my house for the past few months) so that's why I haven't replied here..

Latest Posts

Back